Very frustrated BV

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi ladies...I was hoping to come on here with a cure but after being without BV for two months it has come back.  I have had BV for over 3 years.  Have changed gynocologists 3 times tried endless antibiotics which never seem to work and tons of homopathic cures, vitamin c , kefir, yogurt, apple cider vinegar, hydrogen peroxide. This newest Gyno put me on the birth control pill, two different antibiotics at the same time one I was very allergic to and had to stop taking it the other I took for 10 days twice a day.  I take a multivitamin and two different probiotic that I switch between everyother day.  She also had me go on the yeast infection pill while on the antibiotics one every 72 hours so I wouldn't get a yeast infection.  I am washing my body with Dove sensitive unscented body wash and using it everywhere except my vagina which I rinse with warm salt water after my shower and every time I  pee or have a bowel movement.  I truthfully thought the salt water was the cure.     I woke up yesterday spotting because I finished my birth control pills on Saturday and notice a slight odor.  Today is even worse and I am getting really depressed.    Don't get me wrong I am so thankful I had the two months BV free.  I was just hoping and praying it would last

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What made you bv free for 2 months?
    • Posted

I thought it was the salt water rinses, but I am still doing those and my period just started and the BV is back.  The only other thing I have stopped is I was having a seasonal protein drink every morning that contained whey and soy protein in it.  I picked up a bottle of a different protein drink yesterday that has both proteins in it.  I will keep you posted if it helps : ) 
  • Posted

Have you tried taking Vitamin B Complex with Folic 800, Vitamin D3 5000iu & Acidiphilus..

One of each every day. You can find them in the vitamin isle at your local WALMART.

• Posted

I was on that regime for 6 months, didn't seem to help me at all.  Seems like BV is different for all of us.  What cures some don't work on others, think that's what is so frustrating about it.  Thank you for posting hoping your suggestion might help someone else : ) 

• Posted

I haven't tried it for myself yet. I use metro gel every time my cycle comes. It leaves me with a yeast infection. I can not seem to get rid of. Just use metro gel as often as you need it. Then get strong medication for the yeast because fluc. Isn't going to work.

• Posted

I can't use metro gel I am very allergic to it.  Try drinking Kefir that might help with the yeast infections.  It has a ton of probiotics in it, I hardly ever get a yeast infection I only took the fluc. because my Gyno wanted me to follow her regiment to a T.  This whole BV thing is a vicious cycle it seems : ( 

• Posted

Just curious... what type of laundry detergent and fabric softner do you use?  I have suffered for 10 years.. tried everything under the sun.  Although I've only been BV free for a month... I"m hoping I found my cure.

• Posted

I use All free and clear...I don't use any fabric softener at all.  So happy for you, hope you continue to be BV free : ) 

• Posted

I too use Tide free and clear and NO fabric softener and always try to wear cotton only panties. I also do not use soap to wash down there...water only. I'm not completely sure I will keep it away forever...but hopeful as mentally, not sure I can keep it up. Good luck to you...I feel your pain.

• Posted

Well...for the time being, I switched to tide free and clear and NO fabric softener or dryer sheets. I have bought hundreds of dollars of creams, pills...everything I read, I try. I used to suffer from BV once per month at least, use some metro gel and boom..it was gone for at least a few weeks to a month. But about 6 mo ago...it's been an everyday ordeal..I'm so depressed over it and my Dr just look at me like I have 3 heads. I'm hoping this is the fix for me...because I'm running out of solutions. If you have never tried "Balance Activ " give it a try. It's on Amazon. I believe it comes from Australia and takes a few weeks...this also worked for me...but only about 3 mo. It's pretty reasonable in price... $15. It may work for you..everyone is different. Good luck.

• Posted

I spoke too soon.  It's back.  I can't take it anymore.  I go to the DR tomo and I'm certain I will hear the same ole' crap.  I had blood work done on Tuesday.. we will see if this provide any answers, but I'm sure it won't.  So frustrated and fed up!

• Posted

Oh no that's awful! does your dr. do a culture to see which kind of bacteria is causing your problem? Are you still using balance activ? or have you tried boric acid?

• Posted

Jen, they do cultures to tell me if I have BV... ummm... let me save you the trouble doc... YES, I do.  I know what it is and I know I have it lol.  They've never went over the results with me.. it's always rush in and rush out.  When I go back, I have a list of ? I'm going to ask and this one is on there.  I used the Balance Activ for about a month or two and it worked great.. even reordered it to have on hand when it returned (because I knew it would) and when I went to the use it again... it had no effect on me.  My doc and I discussed the boric acid but concluded that it was for yeast and not bv.  I went ahead and ordered the boric acid anyway (found it on Amazon... you can find ANYTHING on there, I swear lol) but never used it.  I scared myself right out of it... the word Acid and my Vagina are frightening :[  Have you used it and found success?  If so.. did you fill capsuls yourself and insert them overnight.. what was the process? 

• Posted

Tina,  sooo sorry to hear that.  Well try not to stress out because I swear it makes it worse.  Fingers crossed that you are just having a small set back and it will disappear for good very soon.  Just keep doing what you were doing when it was gone and hopefully your system will right itself again.  
    • Posted

I'm so sorry it didn't have any effect the second time. That must have been very disappointing... I got some boric acid powder and made inserts out of coconut oil, I really thought it was working but after two weeks and my period, it's back..

• Posted

Hi how are you doing? We're you able to get your symptoms under control again after it came back?

• Posted

Hi Jen, I think my BV is gone again but I have a really bad head cold and my sense of smell is being affected.  I just had my period and as most of us know the odor is usually pretty strong.  I started back on the whey protein / soy protein drink, I think that is my cure, as strange as it sounds.  I am still doing the probiotics and the salt water rinses after showers and after using the bathroom.  I will keep you posted if once my sense of smell returns if I still believe the BV is gone.  I hope you all find something that works for you as I know how much time and money it takes to try to find something that works long term.  It seems the medical field can't or won't help we are left to do it on our own which is very frustrating.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.