macular hole surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

it is now a year after my nacular hole and cataract syrgery but my eye still gets blurred and vision is not as clear has anyone had this experience and is it normal way for the eye to feel

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Though I don't have this experience but I feel 1 year period is long enough enough to indicate results. Anyway, it is safe to consult the Doc which may be considered.

• Posted

Hi Maria,

i had macular hole and cataract surgery three years ago and like you had the same problem after a year.

i went back to see my surgeon and he gave me YAG laser treatment which only took a couple of minutes.  This cleared the blurring very quickly.

Unfortunately this can re occur again which it has in my case so will have to see surgeon again.

may I suggest you discuss the YAG laser with your surgeon.

good luck

• Posted

I did have the laser treatment done to the eye but the effects seems to be wearing off. Thanks for advise i need to visit the surgeon again
  • Posted

Hi Maria21034 I had vitrectomy for a macular hole as I had vitremacular traction which caused this. The op was done on 4th April 2017 so just over 2 weeks ago. I did 2 hours of face down posturing in the hospital straight afterwards and 5 days at home for 50 minutes of every hour but allowed to sleep on my side. I now have floaters and cobwebs which my surgeon said he can do something about if they remain bothersome but over the weekend developed flashes in the far corner of the operated eye and went to the emergency eye clinic where I had a dilated examination but the eye doctor couldn't find any problems. He thought it might be light reflecting off the gas bubble but gas has now gone and I still have more or less constant flashings. I have an appointment to see my surgeon tomorrow as I don't think that this is normal and I want answers. So far there is no improvement in the sight but still early days and not sure how long after the op you can still expect improvement but may ask that question tomorrow. I was told that I may not get any improvement in sight and that it could be worse and the idea is to try to get the hole to close. Also still have distortion but the surgeon thinks the macula hole has closed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.