Diet and Psoriasis

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has had positive results from changes to diet rather than taking medication or using ointments?I've had decades of being prescribed ointments and tried light treatment and feel a little desperate!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I tried diet but it didn't help me. For people diet does help. Diffrent foods can cause inflammation. I found wine with me. It's about trial and error. Make a note of what you have and if it doesn't help eliminate it from your diet.

• Posted

Thank you. I don't think dairy affects me but I do think alcohol , potatoes and tomatoes have a worsening affect. 

• Posted

Many say dairy products may cause problems, I have not seen that with my condition.

They say oily fish can help the skin and joints, sardines seem to help the joints and skin. The problem remains regards the speed skin becomes flacked so quickly so I do take fish a couple of times a week. We eat a lot of Salmon and smoked Salmon has good fats that can help your condition. Aldi is selling smoked Salmon offcuts and we eat those twice a week, it is a cheep way of buying salmon. Fish Oils like omega 3 and 4 seem to help as well

One thing you could try is shower every other day and use honey shower jells that seem to help the skin and it does not dray out as quickly as some stuff they suggest. Cocanut bath/shower gels seem to also help. If I really need ointments I use Epaderm, Aquatious Cream in the bathwater and skin and E45 Cream. The problem I have is to keep the skin moist and flexable the other creams like devonex or other creams used thin the skin and this leaves the red scar

BOB

• Posted

Thank you for your thoughts. I do eat a lot of fish but do think that keeping the skin moisturised may help.
  • Posted

Has your consultant mentonnière a ne dertig cale apremilast. Just licensed 3 months ago. I've had a good response to it

• Posted

Sorry - that was gobbledegook.  Has your consultant mentioned Apremilast (thank you Bettebet for the link below)?  I've just gone into remission for the first time since 2013 after starting it in September 2016.  I remain on methotrexate too.

• Posted

Thank you for your thoughts. At the moment I'm trying a drug free approach as I feel it's worth a try. Going to give it 6 months!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.