Foot surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I had foot surgery 3 weeks ago which involved having a pin sticking out of my toe. I have today just. Been to get my dressing removed and I cried at the state of my foot! It looks so deformed and ugly I still have the wire in for another 3 weeks ... will my foot is deformed for the rest of my life? Will it go back to its normally position once the wire is taken out?

I'm so disheartened right now can't stop crying

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Dear Lydia

Please don't be sad! Yr foot will go back to looking normal . It's pretty horrid to see how battered n bruised yr foot is but hold onto the thought that you have had the scary part done. Now you got to be positive and follow yr docs advise. If u feel u aren't getting the support u need go back to yr surgeon and ask for assistance and or advise.

Nikky

• Posted

Thank you Nikky it's just really worrying me as when I asked the surgeons assistant will my foot look like this forever he didn't give me a straight answer 😩 3 weeks now until I have the wire removed and shoe off

• Posted

If you are on FB do add this group- flat feet support group. Its a new group and I found people's first hand experience is better then anything else.

Nikky

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.