Shoe recommendation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Last summer I had extensive foot surgery to repair torn tendons and to reconstruct the ligaments in my ankle. My recovery went well and for the most part I have been doing pretty well. One big problem I have is that I have always hated wearing shoes - I love my slippers or going barefoot. I am a nurse so I am on my feet al day and look forward to the days and times when I can go without. Of course, that is the worst thing for my feet and I am wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with a brand of supportive and comfortable slippers or slip on shoes that would help me be compliant with wearing shoes at home more often? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sketchers are brilliant. I have the go walk 3 bought through Amazon so cheaper.  My friend who is a nurse says that a lot of nurses wear sketchers too. They do slippers as well. This forum recommended sketchers and I have worn them since my foot surgery. Otherwise hotter shoes are very comfy too. Good luck x
    • Posted

My Go Walks  sit just under the ankle, however you may be better off with the trainers they also do. I would go into a shop that sells them, try some on and then unless in a sale buy them elsewhere for a better price. All have the memory foam insole. So comfy
    • Posted

Yes thank you for clarifying this. I am looking for something with good support that i can wear once I take off my work shoes. Sketchers are comfy but the slip ons do not provide much foot or ankle support. (Unfortunately)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.