Caulirice

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, has anyone tried caulirice?  its a low calorie substitute for ordinary rice, and is the plain only 34 cals a pack/portion and the other three flavoured varieties, you can get two of the four in Sainsburys, also Tescoes, will be slightly more but basically about 67 cals less than ordinary rice.  I have no idea what it tastes like as haven't tried before but am getting some in next week, I drink a lot of decaff to stave off my hunger pangs and the way I mkae it it comes in at 80 cals a mug, but thought if I actually ate the rice instead of making a coffee, it would be better for me and even the flavoured varieties less calories, fill me up more etc, whats the verdict?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

must look out for it - where abouts in the supermarket is it situated - is it with the dried rice or is it with vegetables or perhaps fridge or frozen goods - thanks
    • Posted

Hi I don't know for sure as I've ordered online but I imagine it would be with the other packet rice but ask someone on the staff they are usually quite helpful best wishe's Fiona

• Posted

i found some at my local supermarket and it was with the other rice products so i shall be giving it a whirl sometime during the wk - thanks for the tip
  • Posted

Verdict on caulirice, ok I have tried it and have to say it is positively disgusting!!  I couldn't get it down me even with a couple tablespoons of mango chutney mixed in and it left an aftertaste in my mouth that still hasn't gone away yet.  Sorry but unless they can improve the recipe its back to uncle bens for me!!  I shall instead have my usual snacks of sugarsnap peas, baby corns, satsumas, apples plums and grapes and probably won't be any the worse off calories wise, flavours??  Do us a favour!!

• Posted

the variety i have bought is mediterranean flavour - i have asked around my friends and some have tried it with mixed reviews so I shall keep an open mind and give it a whirl later in the wk - thanks for your feedback (no pun intended)cheesygrin

• Posted

Ok Bandid, everyones tastes are different obviously so you may find you like it, good luck anyway..it was the medit one I tried too sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.