Blepharitis..Wet ones not working

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi,

​I was on this site a year ago as I have been a sufferer of Blepharitis for over 15 years. It did clear up completely a year ago after using the wet ones for a couple weeks but for some reason it has come back and my eyelids are so red, however no crust like before.

​I have tried most things, and nothing is getting rid of the inflammation. My eyes look awful everyday.

Has anyone has any success on reducing the redness?

PLeaseeeeeeeeeee help!!!

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've just purchased Clear Eyes , maximum redness relief in my local pharmacy CVS

I'll try it but I think redness comes from  the bleph itself. So I am working on it every day. When I am very busy and delay compresses, erythro. ointment and lubri gel

I am miserable. I also put on wet goggles every single night for the entire night

• Posted

Boy do I feel your pain !! I wish I had an answer !! My eyes have also been so red and inflamed out of desperation I'm seeing a new dermatologist that my dr recommended on February 1st I'll report back the results! 😎

• Posted

After a white Wet Wipes made my eyes red as they are very strong. If you have no other symptoms then just keep to shampooing your eye lashes with  Johnsons baby shampoo. I changed to using ordinary facial wipes to start with then when I felt those getting a bit strong I changed again and now use tea tree facial wipes from Sainsbury's.

after a long time of my eyes being ok they have been a bit twitchy over the last week and are puffy today so something is trying to kick off. I'll stick to my usual hygiene routine and watch it carefully. Could be the central heating.

anyhow, good luck with the redness of your eyes.

Pamela

• Posted

Dear Pamela,

I tried to order wipes from Sainsbury but it requires postcode. You probably live in England. I live in USA. Entered USA ZIP CODE. It was rejected. Do you know how i could order these wipes?

• Posted

I too tried to order the wipes but no luck I guess u must live in the U.K. to order them I'm hoping someone can suggest another wipe for us to purchase 😎

• Posted

I checked on line today and you can get them on eBay, body shop, one or two other  places and Sainsbury's. Yes I am in the UK. Try googling tea tree facial wipes and see what comes up for suppliers in US. Or if the suppliers on eBay will ship an order out to you. Good luck. Pamela

• Posted

That is a fabulous idea !! Thank u for being so generous with your time and suggestions ! I feel so lost and have been beyond uncomfortable on a daily basis I rarely go out anymore I'm hoping I can get through this rough spot and begin managing the symptoms with something I find on this forum so far all the drs suggestions have done nothing to make me more comfortable if anything I feel much worse now than I did 3 months ago!! Much worse ! 😩

• Posted

Thank you, Terry for your comment. I use baby shampoo with 2 drops of tea tree oil. It's not like wipes but its still soothing

• Posted

I've been reading and researching a lot about tea tree oil my only aprehension is that I'm afraid it may b too harsh for my dry eczema skin but at this point I guess I have nothing to loose!! Thank u so much for sharing! One day I hope to report some success and satisfaction living with this disease so that I too can help others !! Until then I'll just keep searching!! 😎

• Posted

I have just ordered tea tree oil wipes for eyes at amazon but its more available on google. To my big surprise  we can order on google.

I'll tell you about the result. $38 

• Posted

terri, just use one drop of the tto with the no tears baby shampoo, rinse well, use a nice face cream.
    • Posted

Hi Teri,

I have been suffering also with this terrible disease for 4 weeks now and couldnt understand why i managed to get it when i eat very healthily, go to the Gym and realy look after my health in every way possible. Of course having no undertanding of the condition previously, i started to do my own research and i came across some information regarding the immune system and it's function in relation to vitamin A ( as apparently this vitamin is crucial in helping your immune system fight disease and such ) but interestingly vit A requires fat in your diet to work sufiently and if you dont obtain enough fat then vit A can not do it's job to the degree that is required ( in helping your body when under attack) Well here's the interesting part for me..... About 12 months ago i went on a real health kick and started cutting out as much fat as i possibly could in my diet due to history of high cholesterol, and i believed i was doing the correct thing by substituting some of my diet with whoolfood vitamins (only when i didnt have time to cook a well balanced  meal)  and i exercised regular to keep myself in shape doing everything possible for my wellbeing . Anyway i'm now left wondering, as ive only just developed this dreadful disease, that their may be some truth in cutting out fat and the effects this may have on the vitamin A and its work in helping you fight off didsease ????   Is anyone knowledgable on Vit A and it's relation to fat in helpingyour immune ?? Would love to find out more as its a bit strange how i've managed to fight off most things untill i started to cut out high fat foods completely in my diet.

• Posted

I don't know anything about your theory, but it is interesting.  I'm like you, something has caused the problem.  How did I get it?  How can it be cured? I am controlling it with the Wet Ones, eye washes, and compresses, but no cure.  If they could find what causes it, maybe it could be cured.  Lack of Vit A may be a possiblilty.

• Posted

It's not that i was ever lacking in vit A Becky, as i ate many foods containing this vitamin, however i can say that my fat intake was very little to the point where  i would cut fat from every rind of bacon and used the cooking aids that would limit the fat intake and such,  therefore if i am to believe that vit A requires fat to do it's job then i was actually doing my immune system more harm than good ??  I don't want to go to the other extreme by starting to eat bad foods like lots of saturated fats however i  am going to add more good fats like nuts and such and see if things can be improved in this way . Time will tell ? 

• Posted

CHck out clinical trial on use of 6000mgs per day of omega3. It concludes that it helped reduc the symptoms of bleph for over 90% of partipants using it. I use it and it has helped me significantly. I have high cholesterol so am also careful. Omega3 is good for cholesterol. Good luck
    • Posted

I take Flax Oil tablets because the Fish Oil, no matter what brand, gives me stomach gas makes me burp.  However, the Flax Oil has Omega 3,6,and 9. Each capsule has 700 mg of 3.  I would have to take 7 per day to get enough?
    • Posted

Pamela and Dena,

I take 1tsp fish oil every day. Also for high cholesterol and bleph. is it the same as Omega 3?

• Posted

Vitamin A helped me many times in the past. I am sure its good for many eye  problems.
    • Posted

No, fish oil can contain omega3 but not enough. The clinical trial prescribed 8000mgs per day of pure omega3. I buy 1000mg capsules pure omega3 from holland and Barrett when they have their penny sale or other offer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.