I've multiple fibroids

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've multiple fibroids which r increasing in numbers like i have rightnow 15 fibroids biggest is 3.5. Dr here r not giving any treatment as its in their language its normal, every time i go numbers have increased. I want to get pregnant. Im 37 right now. Need some advice

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ambreen

Have you tried getting pregnant? My friends sister had terrible issues with fibroids and the doctors wanted to do a hysterectomy but she refused.  She had recently gotten married. She went ahead and got pregnant and has a beautiful teenage daughter now.

Otherwise you could get the opinion of a second doctor but i would avoid surgery if you can.  There are all kinds of different forms of advice dietary etc that work for some and not for others so you could look into diet as well.

I had a myomectomy to treat mine and had hoped to get pregnant afterwards but my surgery was complicated and recovefry long and my age is definitely against me so it looks like my baby dreams are over sad  so i would avoid surgery if i was you.  But you are much younger than i am so you still got time.

Wish you all the best.  Fibroids are a pain!!

Vel

• Posted

Hi velbim,

Thanks for your advice and support i really need it rightnow. Yes! I tried in 2014 and got pregnant with twins but unfortunately due to fibroids and so much stress due to work pressure i lost them in my 2nd month. Now i am trying to get pregnant again as i really want another baby.

I pray for you too.

• Posted

Hello Ambreen40376,

I am in a similar position as well. I've got multiple fibroids (largest is 9cm) and trying to get pregnant. My gyne has put me on fibristal (called Esmya in Europe) for 6 months to shrink the fibroids before conception. It's pre op drug to shrink fibroids before surgery. I am only two months in, so its pretty early to tell if its working. 

A lot of women on this forum say they've had success with this drug, so I think it's a viable option to discuss with your doctor. Luckily for you, your fibroids are not very big so you may not even require treatment pre conception. Lost of women with even larger fibroids have been pregnat and carried succesfully to term, so dont be scared.  

My only adivce is to act quickly - I wish I did. Those monsters do sneak up on you.

All the best!

• Posted

Its true Bee hindsight is a wonderful thing...i wish i had just got on with it too
    • Posted

Hi bee37138

God i am glad i join this forum.. i am getting so much good vibes and support.

Thank u and i am trying plz pray for me

• Posted

Hi. Go see a radiologist. There the doctors that know about fibroid's.

• Posted

I'm in almost the same situ, I'm 36, mulit fibroids and haven't had children yet. In some ways it's the trickiest age--much younger, they would operate knowing there was plenty of time to recover, much older and the likelihood is that fertility wouldn't be an option. From what I understand, they have to weigh up the pros and cons of surgery and take the most conservative approach. For some people, depending on the location of their fibroids, myomectomy is simply too dangerous, as there is too high a risk of perforating the bowels, or losing the uterus. I fall into this category, and it sounds like you do too. 

My advice is try to get pregnant but also (and this is very important) try to destress your life and environment. You need to give a baby the best potential chance, and stress is a huge factor in an inability to carry. If you suffer another miscarriage, it is likey they will reconsider surgery, but if you can avoid an operation you should. After recovery, it could be a full year before you could even try again after surgery. 

Hope this helps!

Best wishes and good luck

xx Rosie

• Posted

Hi rosieposey

Thanks for your advice. I am nowadays trying to get pregnant again. Wish me luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.