spinal cord stimulation

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi guys, i have had 7 operations on my left ankle in 3 years which includes 2 total ankle replacements & tendon decompression surgery. im still suffering badly with nerve damage and my new consultant has recomended that i now have a SPINAL CORD STIMULATION implant to try and relive some of the pain im in. i was wondering if anybody has had this procedure done and what the results were, i would really appreciate any advice recived. regards wayne (liverpool England)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Wish I could tell you that I had a good experience....ended up with infection, my body rejected it. But, I have a "Cluster" of autoimmune diseases. Good luck, with whatever you decide!

• Posted

Hi, yes I have a nevro implant for nerve damage, had fusion surgery 2006, L3,4,5 and S1. This implant helps but has not been profound for me. However, any improvement helps! There is a trial run and you might be able to judge then. Sounds like you are dealing with a lot, give it a try you don't have anything to loose. Sending my best wishes and a hug to let you know I get the pain. 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🤕🤔

• Posted

Spinal procedures need to be A LAST RESULT I have had two friends one over 40 one under 10 at the time of her surgery and they both have caopletely different problems and both regret it,they have more problems than before and not only that, the doctor recommended me for surgery for my nerve pain and frankly I think the doctors are just trying to make more money without really diagnosing the problems, take it from me I may be only  21 but I have been to a hundred different doctors and And several have suggested back surgery but both of my friend said it wasn't worth it. If I can make a suggestion post this discussion on Facebook yahooo YouTube, and get 3 or 4 different opinions before doin this. both of my friends had spinal taps as one of their many back surgeries and they have spent thousand in insurance and and a lot out of their own pockets, a lot of doctors recommended spinal taps for me without really knowing the actual problem. I rlly hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.