VAGINAL BV hydrogen peroxide AND vitamin c

Posted , 29 users are following.

Hi. I have recently tried using hydrogen peroxide to clean out my vagina and get rid of anything down there... I did this for about a week and it helped but it caused Thick white wet toilet paper like discharge. I put tamp on up there and when I took it out it had thick pieces all over it. I've always been using vitamin C for a week now too. It has made me very wet and have a weird scent not fishy but strong and strange. why? I thought people say it takes away smell. Please help I'm young and married and I feel way to embarrassed to have my husband go down there or have sex cause he gets stuff on the condom. Please help.

2 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I heard that it takes away odor and I tried it for over two weeks and it didn't do anything for me

• Posted

It didn't take away your odor? Did you try doing the tampon or the douche? The tampon helped me a lot!

• Posted

I soaked it in hyrodgene peroxide and inserted it, didn't sting for me. And I left it in for 30 minutes. Took it out and the smell and funky discharge was gone. Tried the vitamin c and that's what's causing the skin peeling toilet like discharge. Made me smell and feel very weird as well. I don't reccomend it.

• Posted

Hi , I have a question ? What kind of tampon did you use ? Because whenever i use a tampon even if it's just for 5 minutes I get a heavy dirty odor ...

• Posted

How many days did you do the Hygrogen peroxide for? I’ve done it once when I had symptoms and it goes away and then a few days later the discharge and slight odor comes back. So, I do the hydrogen peroxide and it goes away again. Seems like I keep doing this cycle. I’m nervous to do it too many days in a row, but thinking I may need.  to. 
    • Posted

I did hydrogen peroxide rinse followed by 1/4 tsp baking sofa in water dissolved (balances pH so you don’t gets a yeast or other imbalance) for 5 days then every other day, then only once a week... and occasionally after sex... my Dr told me that this was fine as it is just helping me stay pH balanced and that seems to be my issue (probably due to pH difference in semen & hormone fluctuations)... good luck... 

• Posted

I was wondering, how exactly did you do a hydrogen peroxide rinse and baking soda?Did you douche with them both?  Did you add distilled water ?  I'm having trouble getting BV after sex.  Keeps coming back!!!  

• Posted

I saw no one responded to you..  I tried the tampon with peroxide and it didn’t work for me. I spoke with my doctor after 2 rounds of antibiotic he suggested I keep at my methods of Boric acid suppositories 7 days once a month, eating non processed foods staying away from caffeine taking probiotic everyday Greek yogurt everyday. I noticed that after the 7th day of boric acid that now day 10 it’s still there. So I also have Balance Activ I’m trying starting tonight..  if this doesn’t do it I guess I’m doing the antibiotic one more time and do the best to keep the good bacteria. 
    • Posted

Thanks for responding!!!  I just dont know what to do!!!  I keep hearing of all these things to do!!  Not sure what to do!!  I'm scared to put peroxide in my vagina!!  

• Posted

That didn’t do crap for me.. boric acid suppositories have been the best so far.. I gave in a did antibiotics and I’m take a probiotic daily and Greek yogurt and I make the hubby wear a condom. I just don’t want it to come back I have been good for about 2 weeks but the period just is ending so we shall see 
    • Posted

I have had this issue for 20+ years. Doctors would tell me it's not due to sex...but that's the only time I'd ever have any issues with BV. It made it hard for me to keep relationships. Because I'd always get a bacterial infection...go see a doctor...treat it for a week with antibiotics. It was an ugly cycle!!

So I started researching home remedies. Peroxide has helped me so much!! I have a douche bottle & I fill it halfway with peroxide & half with water. In the shower I squeeze half inside of me & hold it in there for a few min. (Usually while I shave). Then let it out & repeat with the other half. After sex...sometimes I'll do 3/4 with peroxide & 1/4 water...so its z little stronger. I do it for a few days in a row after I have sex. I started doing this like 5 years ago & haven't had to see a doctor for it or take antibiotics since.

I also do it once in a while for maintenance when I'm not having sex. When I feel a little off down there. I also alternate with a tea tree oil feminine wash. Both help to balance my ph.

I hope this helps. I'm in my late 30s now...I wish I knew this in my 20s!!!

• Posted

I was scared at first too. But trust me...it works!! Your body has peroxide in it already...especially your vagina.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for responding!!!  I will give it a try!!!  😊

• Posted

I started with issues in December 2017. I am now finally better. I also used the peroxide mix and it did help, but didn’t “cure” me. Honestly the thing I changed was I insert two probiotics vag at night and take one by mouth as night as well, but most importantly I changed my diet. I started the KETO diet. Basically cutting out sugar and bread. Those thing would just fuel the fire. Within two weeks of diet I noticed a huge difference. Good luck. I still do get a little itchy down there after my period so I will continue with the probiotic until that subside. I found out about the Probiotic from a previous post. Very helpful. Good luck! 
    • Posted

iwanted to say something that should also be kept in mind i had this issue for a while, no matter what i did it kept coming back. i was too ashamed to tell my boyfriend at the time. turns out he was the cause. i kept treating me, but never him. and he was sleeping with someone else. thankfully it wasn’t an std but still i went through it trying to figure out what was wrong with me. I’m not saying your partner could be cheating, because you could just be passing it back and forth. you should both get treated at the same time. for safety’s sake.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.