Implant almost expired, bleeding?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had the implant (Nexplanon) inserted in March 2014. It should be out in 2 months, I've not had a single period whilst on it, today I realised today I was bleeding.

Is this a sign the implant is running dry (so to speak)? I'm not concerned about it stopping working because I don't intend to have a new one put in.

If anything, I want to know if the implant would cause any problems if I just left in my arm after it's stopped working?

I've gained quite a bit of weight since the insertion and you can no longer feel it, so honestly I'm not looking forward to having it removed.

Has anyone left their implant in and successfully gotten pregnant? I'm not trying, it's for future reference.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm wondering why you would leave it in your arm if it was expired? I can't really answer about if the period is a sign of it not working anymore since my experience with the Nexplanon is that I've had crazy long periods all the time, sometimes up to a month long. I only went the first year without a period. Mines due out this month on the 22nd.

• Posted

I also have a nexplanon by defalt i must say dont get me wrong it was definetly effective due to the circustances.I was in a car wreck 3 days before my scheduled csection..instead of them taking me to the hospital i planed to have my baby at they took me else were said that hospital was to far.so this hospital told me they couldnt tie my tubes because my paperwork wasnt on there file it was on file with my OBGYN.hence its been almost 5 yrs and these people keep saying they cant serve because i dont live in there serving county..hence i didnt reside in there county when they delivered my baby or when they put it in..ALTHOUGH i still have NOT gotten pregnant outside of the 3yr spand my cycles are wayyy out of wack verry long not to heavy buf very irregular

.id give anything to have it out my arm and just have a normal cycle again..any ideas on who might take it out even with no insurance??? Help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.