Bladder prolapse

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

Can my bladder actually fall out if my vagina?

I am really worried.

I see surgeon on the 23.

Surgery is march 6.

Please someone tell me what to do?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

No it won't actually fall out. Just take it easy no lifting or straining. Try to keep pressure off of your pelvic floor. ( heavy coughing etc) good luck with your surgery and keep us posted. This site is a life saver 😉

• Posted

Yes it csn, my friend had to push hers back in, she was a stage four
    • Posted

Hi,

I had a hysrectory about 15 years ago.

I was told by the nurse it could fall out of my vagina.

I urinate about 15 times a day and 3 times  night.

I feel the presence of the bladder when I sit down.

I cannot wait until next week when I see the doctor.

Maybe he will move up the surgery.

• Posted

This is a wonderful forum Margie,

Hopefully Matron willl see your post and will give you advice or some of the other ladies with similar experiences.

​You will be ok.

​A lot of ladies are on this forum from all over the world so sometimes there is a wee delay in replies due to what time of the day or evening it is for them

• Posted

No it can't, do not worry even a stage 4 prolapse would only bulge. it might feel as though it's coming out but it'll just be the feeling more than the actual happening.

Post surgery pelvic floor exercises are crucial after posterior and anterior repairs. This keeps things in place and should be life long good practice. You'd have to avoid lifting in the first few months and only then after you've built up tone and muscle.

It is a major operation and recovery is slow. I am 4 months post op and still only walking and doing very small lifting.

The forum is great and I'm sure Matron will respond to you.

• Posted

Im going in for surgery next week for this surgery. And I have had many surgeries and this one is the only surgery that honestly makes me nervous. Im scared that I might be that person with the mesh not cooperating and then having to go in again to repair it. Even though my Dr said doing the laproscopic procedure it should be successful. Why am I so nervous?
  • Posted

margie I've never seen a question like yours before but the more I thought about it I can understand why you're so worried. Your bladder is attached inside your body by muscles and ligaments so it's not going to drop out but what you feel is the pelvic muscles around it are slack and the bladder has dropped slightly. That's what you feel protruding into the vaginal wall. There's no way the bladder could fall out so please don't worry about that but now you need to prepare yourself for surgery. Read the Useful Resources on the Genitourinary Prolapse home page, there's lots of interesting informative there. Please stay in touch because there's a lot of lovely ladies on this forum who will help and support you.

• Posted

Hi

Hiw do I find the information?

Useful resources?

Thanks

Margie

• Posted

Look at the top of this page just above Unfollow this discussion in red and you'll see Genitourinary Prolapse. Click on that and it takes you to the Genitourinary home page. Scroll down and you'll see Useful Resources 

• Posted

That is great as I was like the other ladies and had a hard job finding the place to look. Thank you Emis Moderator smile

• Posted

Hi Margie, I wonder if you can ask the doctor if they can fit you with a pessary in the meantime until you have your operation as March is still a long way off. At least it may help to push your girlie bits back up and reduce some of the discomfort? Just an idea you may like to ask about regards Kath

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.