Extreme changes in menstrual cycle

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I need some help/advice I don't know what to call it.

For about 5months now my period has been changing, no I am not on any birth control so that cannot be it, and I have anxiety and stress medications that help me deal with stress so I am pretty sure that is not the cause.

My period seems to come earlier and earlier each month, first it was on the 10th of each month, then the 7th , then the 1st, then the 28th and so on so this has already confused me.

I have pelvic pain constantly between periods, sometimes it is a slight pain and other parts of the week it is severe where pain killers are needed and I cannot sit or move in a certain way then it triggers sharp pains...

Also I have a unusuall discharge at time now to, staring off as bright red (looks like fresh blood mixed with my normal discharge) and then after a day or so it turns weirdly brown and sometimes it just dissapears... I usually tend to have constant pain during this time of the discharge that is severe and not just moderate...

Any idea what this might be?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Count from day 1 of your period to day one of the next. Are they 23-30 days apart with an average bring 25 to 28 days apart. If so that's perfectly normal. The discharge could be mid cycle spotting. It usually happens 13-16 days after day 1 of your periods. The pain could be from an overian cyst they 99.9% of the time disappear on their own. Try it to worry your perfectly normal and healthy

• Posted

No the periods are becoming increasingly more irregular and the mid cycle spotting turns to heave bleeding after a day or so, a bright blood red color that does not just come out as spotting but more of gushes of blood... Is this still normal ?

• Posted

Hi Cherilily02

How are you now? Have you seen your doctor?

I just start to have similar symptom. It is the first time i have this.I usually have regular period. My last period was on 30/12 and now 17/01 I start bleeding again. Between now and then I have had brown spot and small discharge that looked like blood. Also i have pain during the time. This is worrying me too. I will try to see my doctor after my holiday. I suggest you to see your doctor to find out

• Posted

Okay so to update on this last post, I am still bleeding , it is now at 10 days that it does not stop in between, the pain in my lower abdominal area is also spreading and increasing.. Does anyone have any kind of information about what this could be, I am going to my GP but can only go on Friday and a whole week of stress is not really looking promising to me.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.