Day 4 of my full dose and where I am at.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey group, under the advisement of several members I was told that it helps to vent or ask questions or just get feedback. After a month on 10 mg I am now 4 days in the my full dose of 20. I do not feel a spaced out but I just feel detached and weird they make me panic even more. Everything just feels off it's very disconcerting. I know that this medication is rewire my brain but I'm wondering if anyone else felt like they were in a dream? Does that part get better? Or is it anxiety? Any positive feedback would be much appreciated I'm just trying to get through the day and somehow get my life back. Tonight I go in for my first real session of CBT.Thank you also very much for the help end guidance and reassurance.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

HI dan, yes it's totally normal. When I started all my doses I was a mess, it felt like I had every side effect going, and felt like it dragged out for days, the first week on starting any of my dose I felt very out of it and felt Everything was just a dream then second week I because very spaced out like I was high on some cloud. The the 3,4,5 week my anxiety went threw the ruff my appetite was a mess, my sleeping was limited to a few hours, oh and can't forget the sweats and hot flashes. Then shortly after week 5 panic attacks were all gone, I felt more me I still seem to get slight anxiety but I can relax my self now before it goes into panic mode. I am on 30mg as 20 seemed it was not enought. But when I was taking 30 in the morning it made me all weird all day, so my doctor said I can take 20 in morning and then the 10 afternoon evening or night. That helped a huge deal with the upset stomac and feeling so sleepy. Just keep in mind that you starting 20 now will feel like u just started the medication. As the weeks go but u will see thing slowly going away.

• Posted

Thank you so much for the reassurance. In the midst of it it feels so awful and I struggle with how to get through the day feeling like this so weird but I'm trying to have hope and faith in the process

• Posted

Oh I know how u feel, I was struggling very hard to get threw it almost gave up few times. The only thing that seems to bug me a lot now is my lack of sleep and if I do try to nap during the day it's very short and I wake up in a panic attack and feel all weird. But the rest of the side effects are going away slowly u will get there in. I time .

• Posted

Morning Dan,

Yep, sounds all usual to me too!

The panic attacks may have been building while you were still on 10mg however, the 20mg will have given the repairs needed that little push forward to be able to treat this and any other side effects you may have or get.  

Feeling weird, spaced, freaky not yourself is part of the process of repairs going on upstairs. I found sensible early nights around 10pm, taking the dose then and having that emergency duvet downstairs (unless you live in a flat or bungalow) for when you just want to crawl under and curl up in and let it all drift by like a cloud (great analogy by Debbie).

Do not think about being yourself again, just stick with it to recover to be a better and new person.  We don't look back to what, possibly, brought us here in the first place.  However, that does not mean we shouldn't learn from it.

You are doing fine and you are repairing otherwise, you wouldn't feel llke this!

As always we are here!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Hey David, I am going to the exact same thing. Did you go through this yourself? Just felt very odd and not present? And also like your mind with being blasted? It did get better for you and you didn't feel strange anymore?

• Posted

Hi Awb,

Yes I and many others have and you will too!

If you can be more specific I will reply if I can relate to it and I went through a fair bit so, don't worry.

What I can reply to is the oddness of it all, having never been in this situation before, or being ill, with a mental illness.  I was pretty much all over the place for the first two months and then with increases in doseage everything became clearer. 

The main thing is to try to remain as positive as possible and gradually as things become clearer you can deal with the negativity through the end of the repair to yer brain.

Anyway, feel free, as I said to be more specific and if I can relate and guide you then no probs I will, if I can't there will be someone out there that can!

Regards,

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.