Memory difficulties! Age 26

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm 26 years of age and I've always thought I've had a poor memory growing up I've (even to this day) never been able to learn a full song. When I drive my car it's always difficult to pick up routes, I always need me sat nav unless I literally go the same route every day. It's even effecting work, when I start a new job it's hard because I can't remember the information they're telling me. I'm not thick it's just down to my memory! I feel it's getting worse, I say this because I'm a week into a new job and even the questions I'm asking I've asked them a few times! Is this normal? My brain struggles to store information and it gets me down, massively!

Please any feedback would be much appreciated. P

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you been to a doctor about this? That should be your first move.
    • Posted

I've been thinking about going to the GP for some time but would prefer to explain over the Internet than to a GP, I find it easier. Just wanted someone's oppinion on whether is was normal or not. Thanks for the reply

• Posted

Are you under any stress? Because that can affect your memory, but then again if you've been like this for a few years it's hard to find an answer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.