DLA to PIP

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am on DLA high rate mobility & middle rate care.  I have had the assessment a week ago for PIP.  Today my DLA was due to be paid into the bank but it was not. When a phone call was made to the DWP they said that there was no reason why I should not of been paid today & the payment would be put into my bank in 5 working days. They also said that they had received the report about PIP from the assessment which was made at home by a member of ATOS & a decision has not been made as to whether I will be successful in my claim for PIP.  I do not think it is coincidence that my DLA payment has not been paid today. I believe that they have decided that I do not qualify for the DLA to be transferred over to PIP.  If this is the case, how they can possibly say that I do not qualify for PIP seeing as the disabilites I have are worse now than they have ever been & will only ever get worse, never better.  If they have decided I do not qualify for PIP what can I do to ask them to look at my case again?  This is totally mentally cruel for me to have to go through this.  This so called change over has been going on since the beginning od December.  I am at my wits end.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

As you've been told your payment will be in your bank in 5 days, i don't think there's any reason to worry yet. A decision hasn't been made on your PIP and until it does your DLA payments will continue. I know it's a worry because i've been through the PIP process myself. There isn't anything you can do until a decision has been made and to 2nd guess the outcome would be impossible. 1 week isn't that long and some are made to wait anything up to 8 weeks after assessment. You can ring and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. If the decision doesn't go in your favour then you should ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply.  I am just concerned that the DLA payment did not go into the bank today. It has always been on time. I know that the payment could of gone into my bank instantly once they had confirmed there was no reason why it should not of been paid, so I don't understand why they say it will take 5 working days. Also surely it is not a coincidence that the payment did not go in today when only last week I had the assessment. Have you ever heard of anyone not qualifying for PIP when they have been on DLA?

• Posted

If you didn't qualify for PIP your payments wouldn't stop immediately so whatever has happened it's a mistake.  It's quite possibly linked to your PIP assessment and the report just because that means that they'll be looking at your records.  Rather than assume the worst try to assume it's human error.  Maybe someone without enough training accidentally ticked a box or hit a button that put your payment on hold.  They might not even realise they did it.  

It's likely when you called the person you spoke to wasn't in a position to put the payment through and the quoted 5 days delay could be because your information will be passed to someone who can put the payment through but it'll take a day or two for them to get round to dealing with it.  Not ideal but these things happen.

There are a lot of people who don't get PIP after receiving DLA for years.  It was brought in to cut the number of people who qualified and save money.  Don't assume that you won't get anything though just because others haven't, there are plenty of others that do get enhanced awards for long periods of time.  As Denise mentioned, you can get a copy of the report.  I requested mine 2 days after my assessment and received the copy 2 days later.  It'll either put your mind at rest or allow you to start thinking about MR and getting evidence together.  There's no guarantee they'll go along with the suggested points in the report but they often do.  I hope you get the award you are hoping for and if the report doesn't indicate that it'll be a disappointment and a worry but you're already worrying and thinking the worst and it'll be better to have the facts.  Getting a copy of the report will help.  I found it interesting reading too.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I hope you could be right about a clerical error, but it does seem odd that this has happened when I am waiting for the results of the assessment. I have heard from others that when they had a home assessment, it was over & done with in 20 minutes & there was no physical examination. The person from ATOS who came to do the home assessment was here for well over an hour & did a physical examination. Asking me to do tasks that I could not do, which I told her but she still insisted that I try.  I have had a spinal fusion in my neck so the movement in my neck is very limited, due to the bones being fused together. I explained this but she still insisted that I look up, down & side to side, which I tried but could not do, which was very painful. I found the whole episode very distressing.

• Posted

Well they did the same to me years ago and left me on £49 week I had to declare myself bankrupt had to go to the food bank if I cud get on bus with Plc ticket to go to food bank . Then had to beg a judge to hear my case as couldn't sleep and was suicidailbthen had to have another two appeals for e s a plus d l a I early had a nervous breakdown with all the stress they don't really care . Went to cab for help and he helped me with the appeal you have no idea what I went through

Wish you very well in your problems please let me know how you get on with it

• Posted

It is so distressing what you have to go through even though you have the medical records from surgeons & doctors proving the conditions & operations you have had. How a person can come into your home & within a matter of minutes make a decision one way or the other as to whether you still should qualify for DLA or PIP when the medical professionals are saying you are disabled is beyond my comprehension.  Time will tell if I am successful, but in the meatime I will wait & worry.

• Posted

I do hope they make payemtn for you soon, this PIP process is a nightmare.

My son applied for his PIP all the way back In Sept as he has been receiving DLA for a number of years and his DLA carried on being paid. Today he received an award stating that they can not award him PIP from Sept 2016 and that his DLA stops Feb. Not a good result but does this mean he has to pay back his DLA as we just can not find this information anywhere?

• Posted

That was a long time to have to wait for the decision regarding his PIP award. I don't know if he will have to pay back the DLA but if they are going to pay him until February, then I don't see how they can expect to be paid back.  I hope you appeal the decision.

• Posted

Hi application deadline was 22nd Oct and they sent a letter out dated 28th Dec to state they had received his paperwork and were now looking into his claim. I know of another case who applied for PIP from DLA a week after us and they are still waiting too sad It does seem to take a long time - I'm not too sure if that is because there was an influx in children turning 16 or whether they are just undermanned. 

• Posted

HI Clucky, You won't have to pay back any of the DLA. If you're going to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you have just 28 days from the date on the letter to get this in. Please ring them asap and then put it in writing that you want an MR (if you're planning on doing this) If you haven't already done this then ask them to send you a copy of the assessment report. Send in any extra evidence you have. CAB are very good with this sort of thing but i know the waiting list for these are often long. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi I am on pip and I was meant to get paid today but I anit 
    • Posted

You need to ring DWP and ask why. Have they sent you a review form recently and you haven't returned it? This could be the reason why. The only way to get your answer would be to ring. They open at 8.

• Posted

Hi I’ve checked my account my DLA has not gone in  either 
    • Posted

Hi Taid,

Have you recently had a PIP assessment? You will need to ring DWP to ask why you haven't been paid. If you recently had a PIP assessment a decision could have been made on that, even though payments should continue for a further 4 weeks after the decision, then they stop.

• Posted

Hi filling my form out at moment.

i was told I would still get money but not gone in

• Posted

I’ve only just My form has not been sent yet only just got it 2 weeks ago so I don’t understand why not gone in
    • Posted

What date does the form have to be returned by? it should state this on the letter that came with it. If your PIP form isn't returned by that date then your DLA will stop. The only way to know your answer is to ring DWP and ask why your DLA has been stopped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.