2nd period

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im on Apixban(Eliquis) has anyone had 2 periods? I had 9ne on december 30 till jan 5 now i have another one.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've also wondered if blood thinners can have an effect on our periods. I'm on 75mg per week of Warfarin 5mg tablets, and my most recent period was so long and heavy. I also happen to be 48 years old and perhaps starting some pre-menopausal symptoms, so who knows...

• Posted

I would probably call your Dr if this isn't normal for you. It was for me back in the day but I had Robles and wasn't on blood thinners. I think I'd call the Dr. things like this they should know.

• Posted

I have an appointment with the obgyn. It did go away so maybe it was a breakthrough period but was more because of the thinners i dont know.
  • Posted

And its back.
  • Posted

Asagggghh. I feel your pain. Before my hysterectomy when I was 27 I had a period that lasted about 5 months. I was so sick of it
  • Posted

Wow 5 months. How does that happened?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.