Fibromyalgia ball of foot pain makes it unbearable to walk. Any suggestions?

Posted , 5 users are following.

When my fibromyalgia flares up the foot pain is so bad I find it very painful to walk, also my toes twitch and I get shooting pain, itching and burning. Sometimes I also get foot cramps.  Any suggestions?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your foot pain. No fun 😣Foot soak in Epsom salt. A foot bath would be good for the foot cramps because it massages your feet while they soak. I would add some Dr. summit alcohol. It is green in color and you can find it in the dollar stores. Just using it to rub your feet helps to. Capsician cream is also really good it ranges from .25%- 1% high potency. It was suggested by my podiatrist. Gabapentin is good for tingling sensation for foot. I have pain in both feet and the heel is to tender touch the bed so I elevate my fee on a pillow.. I also have to walk around the house with shoes on. A loose shoe like a clog or sandal with sport. if I don't my feet hurt sooo bad I could scream. I get the pin and needles feeling followed excruciating pain. When I rest my feet in the car I my heels still burn even with shoes on. Sometimes if feel like someone is poking me with a needle in the back of my heels. My would only cramp is I have a narrow shoe. I have a spur in my right foot but they feel exactly the same even though my x-ray was negative in my left foot. I hope this info is helpful. Good luck.

• Posted

I have tried Epsom salts and creams with capsician and it does help slightly.  I too must wear shoes all the time or I would be really sore.  Will look for the alcohol you mentioned.  Thank you for the reply.

Wish you all the best as well.

• Posted

I feel your pain. My feet were burning and felt like I had a thousand needles burning into them. Now the stiffness and cramping have started. Recently I have developed a fibroma(non malignant tumor) on my left foot. I've been taking magnesium and soaking in Epsom salt baths, and biofreeze which has worked in the past but now I'm out of alignment cause I was favoring the bad foot. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Have tried all of the same things you have but not much relief.  So frustrating.  Thank you for all the suggestions.  My friend says to stop eating sugar.  Has anyone tried that?  
    • Posted

I have cut out sugar, caffeine, and gluten. It does help symptoms. I went on the gaps diet. It helps limit inflammation and reduced my pain and ibs.not going to lie. It was tough. If I cheated I felt it. Worth looking into.
    • Posted

I have a friend with ibs and one problem she had was that she used over the counter pain meds for years and years and that was part of her problem.

No sugar helped her as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.