Has anyone tried Relaxis?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone tried the RLS medical device Relaxis? I have been thinking of getting it for my mum who suffers with restless legs but they are quite expensive. Was hoping to hear some feedback from people who have tried using it or know of others who have before commiting to buy.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What is it and how is it supposed to work?   Do you have a web site for it?

What organisation developed it?

• Posted

Graham, it's a medical device invented by a US doctor, FDA cleared and works by providing vibratory counterstimulation. It's a pad/sheet that you put beneath your legs during sleep and use a controller to start the vibrations once you feel an attack coming on which is meant to stop or greatly reduce the unpleasant sensations. It looks promising and the website says 90% of patients who try it experience relief. The site is called myrelaxis com.

• Posted

I have tried a vibrating platform. It had little benefit unless I added other excercise like gym, walking etc

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.