What happens at pre op appointment?

Posted , 4 users are following.

What happens at a pre op appointment? Does it take very long? I assume the actual op will be soon after the pre op? I haven't had a date for it yet.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

The pre op appointment is just to assess your general health & well being, blood pressure, height, weight, check on any medications you are taking, ensuring details that they have for you are correct, blood tests, MRSA testing, possibly up to about 30 minutes depending on what you need to have done.

Nothing to worry about, usually the main op is about a week later as long as everything is ok at the pre op visit, the main op will have been booked in advance as generally the pre op results are good.

• Posted

Thankyou, it's good to have an idea of what will happen, the op date arrived today, it's 2 weeks after pre op.

• Posted

This is just to assess your condition wether if you are fit for the surgery or not. This is very important. So do a quick check and choose a good surgeon.To know more about the surgeon, you can check out if he or she has a website and see if he also has a gallery of real results from previous patients. That way you can gauge how good that surgeon is. That is what i did when i had my tummy tuck surgery last year in Manila. I was able to find a good doctor, Dr Rino Lorenzo who did my tummy tuck with good results. Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.