Could I have ms? Please give your thoughts.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I wake up feeling drained of energy even if I sleep 12 hours. I have weakness in my hands, legs and arms. I don't know if it is classified as fatigue or weakness actually. But my arms kinda have that burning sensation like I'm working out. My legs sometimes have this feeling but I usually feel pain when standing up and sitting down in my thighs and also have pain around my knees after standing to long. I have muscle twitches everywhere. on my face (almost always nose) but most of the twitches are in my legs, where they occur most. I have them mostly everywhere. I also have back pain when leaning over I don't know if this would fit into the symptoms of MS. I haven't went into much detail with my hand weakness but it is way worse upon waking, and all the only way I can describe it is by saying my I can't clench my fists as hard as I used to and they feel stiff when I awake. I'm really scared this could be something serious and have an appointment schedule with my family doctor. I'm only 18😞😞

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear your problems hun, I have had PPMS for 17 years with severe pain from the tail bone to the soles of my feet. Medication does help but never fully relieves any of it and knowing it will only grow worse is no fun. But you have to live on so pressure your GP for a neuro appointment and get MRI plus spinal tap to see if it really is MS. It took my Neuro 5 years to finally admit it was PPMS so dont get put off. Your very young for this to mess your life up so try and be upbeat and dont let it get you down. Your always welcome to chat here
  • Posted

It could be MS; it could also be lots of other things like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Fibromyalgia.  An MRI will show MS, and you don't need a lumbar puncture/spinal tap to diagnose it - that seems to be done much more routinely in the USA than here in the UK.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.