HIV Ag/Ab 4th gen test after 10 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everybody,

About 3 months ago I had sexual intercourse with a "risky" guy. We had unprotected anal sex, unprotected oral.

I took a 4th gen HIV Ag-Ab test after 10 weeks of exposure. It came back negative. Is it possible that I am still positive and that test was false negative?   I am super worried and scared!Please answer! Nick ;-)

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi nick, you 10 week 4th gen test is solid mate !! you have nothing to worry about what so ever, i gladly swap places with you for my 15 day negative test, very rarely goes a 4th gen fail and if you read up on them some docs are saying they are conclusive at 4 weeks, fenway health are even claiming 15 days
  • Posted

Hi Nick,

I'm glad to hear that your test has come back negative.  But, I'm very concerned for you.  Why would you ever expose yourself to the possiblity of contracting any STD?

This is a good opportunity to start looking into this kind of behavior.  Let me save you time.  When I worked for an AIDs service organization.  Many clients either with not educated about risky behavior or had a deep death wish.  Some would do anything for love, etc.

Do you know the health history of your sex partner/partners?

Are you being tested for anything else?

I wish you the best but still concerned.  

Been there, done that an then grew up.

DL

• Posted

Hey Dave,

I also tested for hepatitis and some other infections but i am not sure what... 

I know the health history of partner... I was only worried becouse of HIV possibility... I will never again have unprotected sex in my life! 

So you think that this test is accurate at 10 weeks?

• Posted

I would start to relax about a bad test result.  I would try to get a professional opionion to be absolutly sure.  I think you have dodged a bullet, here, but you are not bullet proof.

If your decision to have unsafe sex was fueled by alcohol or drugs it could happen again.  If this is the case maybe you need to find a way not to have that be an issue again.  Brain-deadness in the wrong place can be a death sentence.  Not sure if it applys to you; did me once.

I fell for a guy, once, who had a very intoxicating personality.  Neither of us knew he was positive.  Fortunately for me we never did anything risky enough to contract HIV.  It was heading in that direction but a positive diagnosis came first. So, I dodged a bullet but it wasn't the last time. The 2nd time taught me that my decisions could be hazzardous to my well being.  I wish you my very best......  DL

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.