AS and other illnesses.

Posted , 6 users are following.

AS just hasn't affected my spine, it's started on my feet & ankles at the minute? My bowel & bladder is also effected.

Does anyone else have other problems to with the AS? 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shaza...yes my feet hurt most of the time and are always red but so far not swollen. I broke my little toe two weeks ago as I stumbled over the dog and kicked the teak coffee table so thats made it worse. Not too steady on my feet nowadays. The bladder and bowel thing...yes have had lots of problems in that region..was getting up five times a night to pee...now thats stopped as it was the tablets I was on..so changed them. Now it's bowel problems too...can't go far from the toilet...just in case. I was dreading this as I knew some time ago that AS can cause problems with the bowels....and now it's here. My sympathy to you...hugs too...G

• Posted

Hey Gloria, how is it with you? I also love getting up multiple times to go #1. Part of the fun I guess. Second, have you spoken to Hope. Have not seen her around, at all. I know she was not having the easiest time recently. Really hope she is alright! Hugs, Indi
    • Posted

Hi Indi...sorry haven't heard from Hope...will try to email her later. Having a rough time with all the monsoonal rain here....plays havoc with my body.

I'll get on to Hope....and send her a hug from you...G

• Posted

I found her. Lol...I could only imagine what those rains do to you.. Well on 2nd thought I probably could...Thanx for touching base.

Wishing you nothing but the best, Indi

• Posted

Absolutely! It hits my ankles, wrists and elbows the hardest. Alot of people have bowel problems. I also have bladder problems. Honestly though the bladder problems could be related to the AS, meds or your spine via the AS or desicated disc syndrome. Herniated discs can cause bowel and bladder problems. Root nerve damage will cause those symptoms. Also my eyes, sensitivity to light, blurry-double vision.
  • Posted

Hi! My feet, ankle, hips, lower back, neck and hands ache in flares and remissions. I also have severe GI issues that no one seems to think is related. Urgency, abdominal pain, nausea and it triggers muscle spasms in my lower back when a severe GI episode occurs. It all revolves around my flares. My bladder is difficult to control at times, a bit embarrassing. Seems more frequent as well.

But the joint pain, feet, hips, and lower back almost always aches. Just gets worse during the flares. I believe it's all related, all the other bodily system symtoms. Like a domino lined up and falling down. We desperately need more reasearch in autoimmune and Immunodeficiency disorders.

• Posted

Hiya..I just want to comment on your last paragraph as Indi and others have covered most other things here...We certainly need more research done in Autoimmune diseases and specifically Ankylosing Spondilitis. Does anyone here know what, if any, research is being done and where please.  gentle hugs to you all..G
  • Posted

I have psoriasis, Uveitis, dry eye , interstitial cystitis and joint pain in my feet , ankles, knees , hips, lower back , neck , shoulders and elbows . AS sucks !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.