Day 2 of Nevro trial

Posted , 8 users are following.

I started the Nevro trial.  I'm on day 2. ( had it inserted on Friday). So far, no reduction of pain.  I'll continue to update during the week, for anyone interested.

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes please! What is the cause of your pain?
    • Posted

They're not sure.  They're just calling it failed back syndrome.  Too many back surgeries.  3 total, with the last two being fusions.  

• Posted

My previous pain Dr was pushing me to get the Nevro HF 10, I have since changed pain Dr.s for a variety of reasons. I know that something has to be done for me to get any pain relief. A few weeks ago I had 2 separate Selective Nerve Root blocks, each time they caused me even more pain. Last week (Thursday) I had a Sympathetic Nerve Block, I had the most excruciating pain that I have ever had. When we left I was crying and couldn't get into our vehicle because of the pain. A couple hours later that pain left and my normal bad pain was gone. I had a relatively pain free day on both Friday and Saturday, then today my pain is back and I have been in bed all day.

I am hoping that your Nevro HF10 gives you relief because their would be a chance for me too.

• Posted

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time.  I understand totally!  I will post during the week, so you can see how the trial goes.

• Posted

Thanks Pam 00231, I really hope that you will be getting pain relief with the Nevro HF 10. When did they say that you might feel some pain relief from the stimulator?
    • Posted

Hi Pam, I was looking back at some of the groups that I visited and I came across yours. I was wondering how the Nevro HF10 was? Did you have it implanted?

I had the St. Jude with Burst (now called Abbot) put in 3 1/2 weeks ago and it was extremely painful. I have had 2 adjustments since and I have had no pain reduction yet.

• Posted

Dianne I think we are definitely traveling the same miserable road.  Getting another programming tomorrow.
    • Posted

Hi Dee, I guess that we are. I had a horrible day Saturday but today wasn't as bad. I just have no clue what is going on, I know that I want this pain to leave.

I have a followup appointment with my breast cancer surgery tomorrow, I am expecting to hear that I can again wait for another 6 months before I need to go back for another mammogram. I will be even more devastated if the results are anything less than perfect.

I do hope that your day goes well tomorrow.

Dianne

• Posted

Hi Dianne...wishing you a positive day as you see your Dr. today.  My pain is changing.  It is moving from one part of the butt area to more on the outside and down the leg.  I haven't gotten out of my recliner, I spent the night.  Almost afraid to hope, that maybe I have the corner here.  I'll let you know in about 2 hrs. When I start moving around.

Good Luck this morning.  Check back later 😉🙏

• Posted

You two are making me so sad.  I wish I could somehow fix you both cry
    • Posted

Lynne.... Don't be sad.  Saw the rep today.  My pain has moved.  Now do not know, at this time if good or bad.  He changed the numbers around.  Different program BURST 9 intensity 12.  Left..got in car and all the way home 🏡I was feeling the tonic every 3 seconds.  Not fun.  Got home and lowered by 1 waited 30 mins and lowered by 1 again.  So far no pins and needles running up and down the leg.

I will wait 5-7 days to give it a fair trial.  Will let him know yeah or nay.  He said I can go up to 16.  If I can't handle 12 no way can I do 16.  So next update tomorrow when I have to go shopping.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I can live with whatever pain I have

Dee

• Posted

I am getting my reprogram today for my hips, I was up all night it was so bad.  This was the pain that stopped our RV trip last August.  I can't sit at 90 degrees for any long period of time.  I have the thing jacked up to 29 with tingling running all down my right leg, that's the only way I get any relief at all.  I sure hope she can do something with me.  This is the first time I have experienced this pain again.  We haven't done any long travels nor have I sat long at any dinners out, we leave early.  I should have this time too.  Oh well.  On a brighter, but more devious note, the older cat my kids stuck me with is on her last leg and I suspect we will be sending her over the rainbow bridge soon.  Rod keeps whining when I bring up a new kitten, so I am going on my own to the Orlando Humane society, they got in a bunch of cute kittens.  It has been 3 years since my dear lap kitty Nannie died from cancer and I am really in need of a new lap kitty so I am going to go pick me out a new kitten without grouchy Rod!  I tried getting a kitten right after Nannie died but she preferred Rod-- I accused him of "stealing" my kitty LOL, but that's how cats are they like who they like.  So, wish me luck!  I am headed out sometime this week to play with the kittens and find one for me!

• Posted

Lynne here's my order for a kitty.  Basically a white and black, white face, short hair,  Now since you will have the kitty and her will be Mo kitty.  She will be only yours fleas and all.  Take good care of our Mo Kitty.  She is part of the triplets.

• Posted

Oh I found the dear little thing, she looks like dear little Nannie, only she had a few more orange splotches and less white ones than Nannie did.  Plus Nannie was half Norwegian Forest Cat and so her hair was sort of longish and I am not sure this kitten's hair will come out too long.  But, she's barely a month old so she will imprint on me as her mother. She's also a quiet little purrball, not a loud mouth like some of the others, but not afraid of people, she just quietly curled up in my arms in sweet content, just like my Nannie did.  She is oh so perfect.  When Rod asked where I had been all day, I told him I was getting another SCS tweak LOL, little Liesel can come home next week.  Yippee, I have waited 3 long years to replace my beloved kitty, LOL fleas and all, in FL it goes without saying that all pets come with fleas and they be SUPER DUPER fleas.  Not just any flea medicine can kill FL fleas.... Anyway, I am very very happy.  I didn't do so well with the two hour drive, an hour over and an hour back to Orlando with my sore hips, but for some reason the east coast just has no kittens this year!  I am also so happy to be getting a baby kitten. I had Nannie from the day she was born and I think that is why we were so close.  Speaking now as a PM doc, having a pet is an important thing for pain patients, it has been shown that stroking pets, loving and caring for a pet helps patients deal with chronic pain, it also helps heart patients.  Just the act of stroking a pet makes your brain release dopamine, a feel good chemical. LOL so this is part of my treatment!  

Anyway Liesel is a tortie, she is splotches of white, grey and orange with grey blue eyes.  She was left in a bucket with her orange tabby sister at the local fire department this past weekend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.