Recurrent Thrush

Posted , 2 users are following.

From Sept 2015 until July 2016 I was having thrush 1-2 times a month. My GP wanted appointments booked a few days in advance so when I was finally and seen and swabbed my symptoms would have cleared. It took until July 2016 when the doctors finally got a positive swab for thrush and they put me on an anti fungal tablet (forgot the name!) and I took that once a week for 6 months, until 23rd dec 2016. No thrush whilst on this tablet. A month has passed since I stopped this tablet I've now got thrush again! Tried to get an appointment this morning having been awake all night itching and in pain (sorry TMI!) and the receptionist couldn't give me an appointment because its not classed as an emergency. I am going to the chemist now for a canasten pessary. I'm at my wits end and don't know know what to do. I haven't seen seen boyfriend in a year and he's finally come to visit and I have thrush! I am also taking microgynon contraceptive and I've noticed that the thrush tends to start when I am due on my period. I've spent hundreds on canasten tablets and creams and I've had enough sad

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Just to update:

?I've had multiple blood tests done throughout last year and beginning of this year. No thyroid problems or diabetes.

?The chemist has just informed me that I can no longer purchase anymore Canesten from them.

Before my thrush episodes in 2015 I've never had thrush before.

• Posted

You are not alone I get yeast infections monthly also and have for years now! Nothing I've tried has cured it it just keeps coming back monthly!!!! I really think it's Hormonal based / my ph is off????? But I can't get any answers to why???? It's very frustrating

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.