Whats going on?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ill keep my story brief but it started beginning of 2016 where

i started feeling tired, slight pain in lower back, abdomen and side of body. Also increased skin issues like more acne around shoulders/back, middle of chest and face. This happened in Feb.

In March i started getting nausea upon waking, mild muscle pain and itchiness.

It was then in April where upon being incredibly stressed around this time as i was struggling with health anxiety that my symptoms became more worrying.

I started feeling colder than usual, nauseous and i started having this weird sensation where i found it diffiuclt to swallow.

The next month after in may i still had the symptoms before only now i started having this general ill feeling whenever i woke up and started getting Acid Reflux.

From this i was getting a sore throat, phlegm, bunged up nose and a hoarseness to my voice due to the reflux.

My reflux continued all throughout the rest of the year among other problems such as IBS related symptoms in bloating and constipation.

It was in November now where my reflux died down a bit (Only upon waking) and i started having frequent urination, difficulty urinating (At times where i was bloated) and itchines every now and then.

Now with all this i was also struggling with anxiety all throughout the year, so i summed this up to just anxiety. I went to check my blood sugar twice and it was normal range. (To rule out Diabetes)

Its now in January where after having visited the Doctor multiple times througout the year, having a throat endoscopy which came back with only a slight redness to my throat and only for them to give me Acid reflux tablets and a Tablet for my Bloating (Which i havent been taking as i know it will do more harm than good), i've now had a blood test done and everything is normal except i have a low blood count and low eGFR (Im 22 Btw).

Now the blood count could just be because i had a bit of cold afterwards so it was probably a virus which i've gotten over now, but the eGFR is confusing me as i spoke to my doctor a couple of days ago and he said my eGFR is normal its just a slight raise in liver function.

So to double check i asked the receptionist my results for the second time and both times she says i have low egfr, but my doctor doesnt think so? So now im thinking it must be my kidneys all this time which are the problem (which makes sense) but hes saying its my liver.

So what do you guys think? Is it likely a problem with my kidneys or is it a liver function issue or something different entirely. Ive been worried its cancer all throughout the year as i cant seem to explain what the root cause of all my issues are. Yes i know anxiety is a huge factor however i believe theres something more. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I am so sorry that you have all of this worry, it must be an awful time for you at the moment. Both confusing and uncertain.  What was your GFR exactly? to put your mind at rest a bit while I wait for your figures a dotors receprionist is not qualified to tell you the meaning of your blood results she is not medically trained and should not advise you of such things.  The fact you had a cold when you were tested could affect your GFR and possibly your liver tests as your body is fighting an virus as you say.

A GFR is only a best guess that is why your creatinine levels are used as this is more accurate so it may be worth asking what that was, if they tested your kidney function they should have the results for that too.

I can't tell you what might be wrong with you as I am not medically trained, I have gone through the whole kidney failure, dialysis, transplant thing and if I were to guess it could worry you more.  What I will say anxiety or not you know your own body better than any medical professional.  Have you told the doctor all of your symptoms? if not write them down as you get them, like a diary almost, what you get and when and what you have eaten that day that may be a trigger.  When your doctor has told you what it is not, ask what it is likely to be as it is worrying you.  There is nothing wrong with worrying and I think you are very brave coming on a forum and sharing the fact you have anxiety, I can't imagine that was very easy for you but good on you.  Keep talking to people even if it is only to us on here, as talking about things does help as naff as that sounds.  Do keep us posted and you have a right to know exactly what your results were.

• Posted

Hi thank you so much for helping.

I dont know my GFR specifically yet and i had the full blood work including creatinine which all came back normal. Only the blood count and presumably eGFR was low.

I have another blood test to double check but instead it will be testing liver function (although i thought the problem was the kidneys as thats GFR?).

I will update once ive moved forward in this.

• Posted

Hi,

Your creatinine and GFR are linked if your GFR was lower your creatinine would be higher, like I said GFR is not accurate that is why they go by creatinine more.  So if your creatinine was normal (I don't know how they would no this as there is no normal, yours and mine would be different but right for each of us) would suggest that your GFR is not accurate due to a virus which can happen.  It is good they are testing your liver function, you won't believe what your kidney's control, it is everything that is why you can have so many issues when you have CKD, parathyroid, aneamia loads of other things.  When you have your liver bloods I would ask them to check other bloods re teseted so you can see if it is different now your virus has gone, I would also get the checked in 6 months just to make sure.  I hope this helps a bit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.