Bartholin cyst-Word catheter leaking?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All,

I just had my very first BC sad Fortunately it wasn't infected so I had no pain but I went to see the doctor anyway as I was worried.

He cut the cyst to drain it out and I had the word catheter inserted 2,5 weeks ago. The doctor told me it wouldn't hurt but it wasn't the case. I had to stay in bed for the first week, literally couldn't walk or sit... 

He gave me antibiotics and after a few days it got better. I just went back to see the doctor yesterday who said everything was perfect, he would like to see me in another 2 weeks and he would remove the catheter on the sixth week.

Since this morning I feel like there is some sort of liquid coming out.  No color, no smell

I was just wondering is it possible that the balloon is leaking? It's not sticking out or anything.

Has anyone experienced this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey there, I had a word catheter after my first BC and i was the same I couldn't sit or walk for about a week 😔 And my balloon deflated (it's filled with water so may be this has happened ) I just phoned the doc and they refilled it for me ... I also found that as the wound closed u around the catheter there was some clear fluid came out but I assumed it was the 'natural lubrication' that the glands function is and the doc said the same xx

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply.

Do they definitely need to refill the balloon? Otherwise it wouldn't work?

It is some clear fluid but I'm not sure if it's from the balloon or the 'natural lubrication' you mentioned...

• Posted

You should be able to feel if the balloon is still inflated as it should be a bit swollen beside the tube ( the balloon Is only a few centimetres big but it's quite near the surface of the skin where it's implanted ). I would phone the doctor tho just to be sure, if it has deflated a wee but it's a really simple painless procedure they just inject the water up the tube bit of he catheter. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.