Worried about MND

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, this is all started with a feeling of stiffness in my thumb area, then it moved onto the other fingers and left the thumb now it's back to the thumb. Went to see my GP who said it's probably a trapped nerve. Then the twitching started... alll over but mainly my legs. I've also now got cramp in my right leg. I'm so worried, my legs won't stop moving all the time with maybe RLS brought on by the stress. Have seen 3 gps innit practice who aren't concerned ATM and said if it doesn't go away they will refer me to neuro. I'm going insane. I'm a critical care nurse and I'm almost starting to struggle with my job amongst the anxiety. I've even spoke to people on an ALS forum who all say this isn't ALS but im no convinced. Has anyone else had these symtoms and it turned out to all be nothing.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

It sounds to me like carpal tunnel. Is that what your Dr. was talking about when he said entrapment? Maybe you need another visit with a list of questions. Good luck 😊

• Posted

Also, could your pins and needles and restless legs be caused by anxiety over not knowing what is causing your symptoms? I'd get an appt. with a good neurologist to ease your mind. It often takes months for an appt so keep that in mind.

• Posted

Yeah so the numbness/stiffness came first then an array of other symtoms probably all anxiety related. I've got s very stressful job and I'm getting married in 10 weeks. I do a lot of writing st work and obv use my phone a lot so I don't know if that's a contributing factor. 'My thumb has felt a bit better then it's got worse again today. Surprising I'm off work and been on my phone all day. Reallt hope it's nothing sinister. I would say the numbness is coming from the inside there's no loss of sensation. Ended up at GP out of hours tonight who has reasssured me MND would literally not even be on his wave length of what this is as it appears very Sepspru not motor. I've been referred to neuro it's nhs so you can't pick who you see but there normally all very well trained. Hopefully it's absolutely nothing but it's caused me so much stress and worry I'm not off work sick. Keep having panic attacks thinking I'm going to die of MND

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.