I've been wetting the bed sheets for the past 3month's

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 43yrs old and I started wetting the bed about 3 months ago. I am embarrassed about it, although the friend I spoke to that went through a similar situation said I had nothing to worry about. Personally I think he's wrong on that score.

Enjoy I the Dr told me to do a urine test which came back clear, only thing is the bed wetting has become more frequent. In fact in the past 5 days it's happened 3 nights in a row. Any advice would be gratefully received, ps I am back at the GP tomorrow afternoon.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hopefully you will buy some underpads for your bed. I don't think you want to wear adult diapers, but they do help. When I wore them at a rehab center, it absorbed the urine so the bed didn't get wet.

Are you drinking caffeine or carbonated drinks during the day, they can cause bed wetting.

You didn't mention your age. That may the reason why. As you grow older, that can occur.

You are lucky. I have been leaking since my 20's. I am now 65. My doctor thought it was due to a prostate problem, it wasnt. I have had urethral strictures. That can be the cause, but only a cystoscopy can determine that. It is a scope put into your penis to look for any strictures. It can be painful, but the reason. it was painful for me is that I have. a false entry into my bladder so the scope cannot directly go from my penis to my prostate in a straight line. But that was done in the 80'and 90's, so I hope that medical procedure has improved, since then. Mine was done in the US, so I don't know what care you may get in the UK.

Someone on this site told me about a Dribblestop.or a Uriclak that can prevent leakage. Or a cticut (is an absorbant pad ) or a penile clamp.

My condition is called dribbing. I leaked alot more in the past and wore a urinal pad in my underwear.

during the day. Now I only leak a little bit because I don't drink alot of water during the day or at night.

I hope your GP can figure out why you at

are bedwetting. If you are young, it should not be occurring. Good luck.

• Posted

Sorry I didn't realize you were in your 40's

• Posted

Hi John, yeah I am 43, and lucky for me in one respect I live alone, I have been getting after dribble, for about a year now but me being me "the ex-forces think everything Will be ok type" ; I just thought it was normal as I got older. But now as I'm finding it is not the case, and like I expressed in my first message, it has now turned into full blown bed wetting.

I firstly started not drinking 2 hrs before bed taking my medication earlier during the evening and things like that, but nothing helped, it just progressed to where I am now.

It took a lot for me to ask for help, by my friend, let alone come on a forum and open up to everyone, but it definitely time cos I some times feel like I am fighting a losing battle, so to speak. Once again, thanks for the advice john75639

• Posted

I started wetting the bed again in my late 40's and my wife suggested I saw the Doctor. I am glad I did because I found I was diabetic. Unfortunately my incontinence can't be cured as my undiagnosed diabetes has caused ireversable damage in the nerves ccontrolling my bladder. I have to wear protection alll the time now.Your Doctor should send you to the Urology cclinicand get you tested for diabetes. Your friend is right though worrying about it wil do no good. Hopefully your enuresis will be curable 

• Posted

I've previously been tested for diabetes on 3 accounts that I recall but everything has always come back fine even though my mother has diabetes and is currently in hospital due to urinary problems she keeps getting up having wet the bed although she is in her 70' s but there are some pretty damming evidence, as far as I can see. I'm seeing the Dr this afternoon, to see what they going to do about it. Thanks for your advice.

• Posted

Diabetes was heriditory on my mothers side ofthe family and my Mother Granmother and great aunt suffered with incontinence most likely due to diabetes in later life. Get checked again because left diabetes causes all sorts of problems. On the other hand bedwetting can be caused by stress and worry and any amount of other things. I had a frank and open discussion with the Doctor, my diabetc nurse, the urologist and my continence advisor. They assured me I was far from the only middle aged man who wet the bed and often no cause is pin pointed. At last I know why I am incontinent which helps me cope. 
    • Posted

Well I have just had a telephone conversation. And due to me having an ongoing sciatic nerve problem and other back problems I'm being sent for a MRI scan and after that he said maybe a trip to the urologists office may well be in order.

• Posted

Still no letter from the urologist, but I have been doing plenty of reading into not only this problem I am having but also the new conditions I got told about by the GP. I didn't know that siatic nerve trouble can cause harm to the nerves supplying the bladder, but this depends obviously on where the siatic nerve is damaged. If it is lower than the hip IE the lower thigh/knee.i doubt that is the cause. But I do have a damaged siatic nerve, and it does start in my lumber spine.so the Dr has suggested that while I'm waiting for a urologist to contact me, he wants to check how bad my siatica is. Just to double check.which I think is a good plan, what do you think?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.