What else could it be?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Full disclosure, I do suffer with anxiety so I do tend to worry about my symptoms more than most but here they are.

In March 2016 I had a full contrast CT and MRI scan of brain and cervical spine for localized neck pain and everything came back clear. Fast forward to October and I started noticing halos around headlights while driving. I went to the eye Doctor Who said everything looked fine and it was probably my astigmatism. Since then, I sometimes jumble up my words I get pressure type feelings on the left side of my head into my temple and my vision has gotten worse. I just went to the eye doctor again two weeks ago because it seemed I had diminished vision in my left eye. After a full exam, they said everything looked fine and again it was just probably allergies or astigmatism.

The symptom that has me the most concerned is on Tuesday of this week, I got a scintillating blind spot in my right eye followed by numbness and tingling in one hand and my speech was a little off. I suffered from migraines for years after a bad car accident in my early 20s and it did feel like a migraine but the headache wasn't very severe and I have not had a migraine in almost 5 years.

Does this sound like it could be a brain tumor? I'm just a little scared since my vision is getting worse but I take comfort in the fact that I did just have a full contrast CT and MRI less than a year ago. Any thoughts what this could be other than a brain tumor? I'm an otherwise healthy 33-year-old female

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Elizabeth, 

Sorry you're dealing with this.  I am wondering if you are going to a doctor or an opthamologist.  If you're not going to a doctor, I would get a referral to one who would order more medical tests to find out what's going on.  

Best of luck to you!

• Posted

I saw an optometrist twice and I have an appointment Monday with my GP so who know what that visit will yield. Nowadays it seems harder than ever to get the appropriate tests needed for diagnosis. My hope is she sends me for another MRI but who knows. Insurance hates paying for those things.
    • Posted

Well, an optometrist is not an MD.  An opthamologist is.  I'm hoping for you that you get the MRI!!!

Please let me know how you get on.

• Posted

Yeah. My mom is an eye technician for an optometrist and she said if it were something eye related it would have been caught and if it were a brain tumor and it were effective my vision my pressure would be off etc ( but idk if she's just trying to quell my fears)

• Posted

I can understand that she's concerned for you and trying to help. But with what you're experiencing, I do hope you get to have that MRI soon!  Not that I think anything is wrong, but it helps so much to have that knowledge.  

Right now, you have symptoms, but you don't know what's causing them!  

• Posted

Exactly! I'm just hoping with having an MRI less than a year ago, if it were something really bad it would've been seen then. But who knows, I will keep you posted after my doctors appointment on Monday. Thank you for your care and concern

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.