Ongoing nausea - starting to get worried! Please help?!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello!

I had a sickness bug around 3 weeks ago where I vomited and since then I have had nausea which has not gone away! Not even at night so I can't sleep, I normally pass out at 5/6am.

I'm exhausted and really fed up of feeling this way - its so debilitating, I can't even leave my room most of the time because of the fear that I will vomit all over the place!

It's not like I can even think to myself 'don't worry, you won't actually throw up' because I feel like I have sick in my throat and my mouth waters like crazy, just like it does when you're about to vom!!

Please help I'm so worn out from this and I keep crying because I', worried I'm going to feel this way forever.

By the way, I am a 21 year old female and not pregnant if that helps at all.

Thank you

Emily

cool

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi emilyroseclayts

You should go see your doc and get a blood test to see if there is any bacteria or parasite that may be causing your sickness....do you have a temperature? if not still go to your doc for a blood test......best wishes

• Posted

Hi! I just dealt with the same thing for about 4 weeks in November. Unfortunately where I live there are some nasty bugs going around. The last two weeks of the illness I became very ill and was in bed for two weeks. Nausea was so bad medication didn't work.

Even so go see your doctor. Have them do blood work and stool samples. Chances are it's just a bug that you will just have to be patient with, but depending on the illness if they discover it's bacterial they can treat it.

Also, don't let them tell you it's in your head. You feel the way you do. It's been over two months for me and my appetite still has not returned, and the psychiatrist just sent me back to them saying none of my symptoms would cause that.

The fact of the matter is that these PhD types don't like being wrong, and hate not having any answers. Lol

• Posted

Hey Hawk76

Sorry for not replying sooner!

How are you feeling now??

yeah I called up my doc the other day and he didn't really say much and just prescribed me anti-nausea tablets and booked me in for some blood tests but said it sounds like anxiety -_-

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.