Help Hip Pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

Help does anyone get hip pain??    

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Katie,

I have pain everywhere, maybe not atogether, but certainly all over my body, but the hip pain is one of my worst pains.  Both hips ache, but after 3 or 4 steps the real pain kicks in and it's not funny, as I have often found myself on the floor with it.  

Have you been diagnosed yet.

• Posted

I was diagnosed 2 1/2 years ago with Fibro. My only real complains are the hip,inner ankle and knee pain.  I take Gabapentin and doesn't help to much when having a flare up. 

• Posted

Hi Katie, yes I have hip pain too. My go-to remedy is hot Epsom salt baths and hot water bottles. xx
    • Posted

I've been told about epsom salt baths Jeanne and I believe they really help. Unfortunately we don't have a bath, not that I coud get in one if we did. lol

• Posted

Hey sukes. Dr.teals, a company that makes epsom salts, just started making bath washes to use in the shower. Nit sure if they would work as well as the bath.
    • Posted

Thanks for that kiki,  I will look into it  smile

• Posted

YES! Terrible pains in my hips. Can't do without my trusty hot water bottle. xx

• Posted

Yeah, I get hip pain too. Hips are one of the places I get pain most often, particularly during / after walking.
  • Posted

Oh, yes. I am 65, and it's getting harder for me to tell what is fibromyalgia and what is from age! I, also have a hot water bottle as I see quite a few people have mentioned. Lower back has always been a pain (pun intended). the only thing for me to do is stop when I start hurting. If I don't I will pay for it. I seem to have a lot of leg ache as I get older which I had hoped would be better when i retired three years ago and wasn't on my feet as much. 

But I hoped in vain!I would try heat if I were you, at least it shouldn'y do any harm! Best of luck!

• Posted

Hi Katie, My pain actually started in my left hip and than my right and than my back and so on. I have pain all over. My hips are still tender and to sensitive to sleep on for long periods of time. I read that trochanter bursitis is common with people diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I had steroid injections in both hips that was ineffective. My left hips hurts the most when I walk even with an assistive device. I apply best sometimes that helps or icy hot that provide a little relief. No fun.
    • Posted

I had completely forgotten the steroid injections! I had those, too, and they didn't help me a bit. I was going to a chiropracter in the same clinic as my GP I had been having so much pain in the left hip I could barely stand it. I was still working at this time. He finally decided it must be bursitis , but the shots didn't help . It finally got better and I suppose I started hurting somewhere else! Again, the good old hot water bottle or as you say icy hot may help some.

• Posted

I do find that after sitting or laying on my sides can cause incredible pain in the hips as well as other body parts. Walking can also cause pain so I always carry a stick with me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.