Random leg/muscle pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey can anyone give me some advice, since I was about 5 I've been suffering from random, eye watering pains in my legs. I have no idea what causes them but they are random && can last hours or days in the past I've had to have a month off college because I can't walk from the pain, I've been back && forth to the doctors who thought it was anemia but have been proven wrong I've had countless blood tests but all came back clear, the pain is getting more daily now && need some advice if anyone has any idea of what I may have would be good

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Are these pains at rest, or do they start with actvity and maybe last afterwards? If the latter, then you might liek to read the page "Could my problems be due to McArdle Disease?". You will find it on the McArdle page of the AGSD-UK web site. 

https://www.agsd.org.uk/

• Posted

The pain can start with both rest or activity so I'm stuck with what causes it & I'll give it a read thank you smile

• Posted

i hear yah, ive had back spasms sense i was little that have gotten worse in the last year, finaly started going to doctors. the test you need done are blood test to check for eltrolites,ast,alt and ck. Then have a emg study done on your leg, followed by a muscle biopsy.
  • Posted

If they only want to do one then Creatine Kinase or CK (also known as CPK, especially in the US) is the one to go for. Usually these days it is not necessary to have a muscle biopsy (which is invasive) as DNA testing has got so good and just requires a blood sample. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.