rash

Posted , 4 users are following.

has any of you good people ever had a rash i have it on my right arm just on the top below me elbow and backs of me knees also when did you go and see a dietitian

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Is it itchy? without seeing it hard to say but due to the location exczma possibly.  You get dry skin also with our condition.

I was sent to a dietician when my potassium went up, then she kept an eye on my blood results and called me in when needed or gave me advice on foods or just to see how I was doing.  My potassium went north in a big way in 2012, so been on her radar since then.  Hope you are well smile

• Posted

Hi,

I have always had exczma. Try an antihisthamine (cetirizine as its none drowsy) and 1% hydrocortizine which you can pick up from the likes of boots.  Wash your hands after you have used this and don't put it by your face as the skin is thinner and it can cause issues but ok everywhere else. You don't get a rash with high phosphate, I had this about stage 3 then it cleared with phosphate binders so I was able to stop them and then again the week before my transplant.  The phosphate itch is usually everywhere, mine was worse on my front and back and it is an itch you can't get rid of even if you scratch it as it is inside.  Was stage 3 when my potassium went for a burton it was 7 for quite a while (should be betweeb 3-5) I was closley montitored but it was decided that I was coping with it being that high, they didn't like it but it seemed my norm, then it just came down after I had seen the dietician and she advised me what to avoid or limit or not eat two of in one day. I also had low iron and HB at this stage but everything kind of sorted its self out.

• Posted

Hi davey, if you have kidney issues, rash is usually due to too much phosphorous intake. Rash usu goes away if you cut it down. Hank.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.