Sudden pressure in stomach

Posted , 4 users are following.

Two years ago I had an incident where I felt a large pop feeling in my right side mid abdomen. Almost like a gas bubble burst, scare the heck out of me, caused my heart to race like wild, was very hard to calm down to the point my work place called an ambulance to take me to the ER. They did ECG's on me the way there and seemed normal, heart rate was fast and Blood pressure was up during it. It did drop a bit while waiting at the hospital and all the fear subsided.

I didn't have any odd issues until two weeks ago, I kept having odd bubble like pressure feelings in my upper abdomen around my stomach, but it also felt like my heart skipping a beat but just for a second then it went away... once again scared me, happened a few times that afternoon, ended back up at the ER. My pulse went up to 124 bpm, Blood pressure was elevated. They gave me a pepcid, atavan and a GI coctail, after that I felt ok... They did a 10 lead (or 12?) ECG for a few seconds and the person doing it said it looked ok. Had abdomonal x-rays I guess those were ok, didn't hear anything about them from the doctors. They sent me home basically impling it was a Gastrointestional issue.

Well, I have been having popping sensations in my abdomen for the past two weeks. Just sudden gas bubble bursts. I tried taking Simethicone to see if that helped, it did a little. But for the past week I've had a i'm hungry feeling in my upper middle abdomen, which food didn't help much, thought maybe it was heartburn, took Pepcid and it calmed that down. I have in the past year had a couple bad cases of acid reflux to the point of throwing up acid, but that was only three times at most and probably 4-5 months ago.

I've also had a slightly tender feeling right around my center abdomen below my ribs. I dont notice it until i push a little on it, almost like a full feeling but slightly sore too.

Keeps scaring me when i get these sudden bubble feelings in my upper abdomen / chest. It makes me feel have a racing heart / anxious / feel a little bit lightheaded.

Any suggestions or ideas? or anyone else have similar problems?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It does seem like a combination of heartburn and maybe gassy stomach that is causing full feeling. Have you had a full abdominal ultrasound to rule out any liver related disorders, including a liver panel lab test? 
    • Posted

They did a Lipase test at least, dont think they did liver.. the lipase tests all came back normal
    • Posted

Lipase is for the pancreas. 

If your OK now, then maybe it was diet/food related. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.