Help slip has caused serious lower back pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

A few days ago i slipped on some ice and fell to the ground. I fell with my back in a twisted position. The pain is just above the tail bone and runs into the buttocks. The pain also increases when i walk. Any ideas on what maybe going on in my back?

Thank you!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You probably bruised your tailbone. Apply ice to your tailbone to help reduce swelling and take ibuprofen for the pain and inflammation. Give it a good two weeks to heal. If after that time it's not better then defiantly go see your doctor.

• Posted

Thats what i thought at first, but the tailbone does not hurt. The pain is approx 2 inch above that in the middle and to each side of the middle of the pain. I can touch the tail bone, but cant touch the spot 2 inch above.
  • Posted

I should add the pain is approx 2 inch above the tailbone. There is no pain if i touch the tailbone. It also runs vertically approx 4 inch on either side.
    • Posted

I still think that your first treatment should be ice, ibuprofen and rest. I have a bad back myself and have had one for the last 11 to 12 years. The doctor's going to tell you the same thing I'm telling you. If after two weeks of this type of care it doesn't improve then the doctor's going to do an MRI or ct to see what's going on there. So your choice to go see your doctor now and have him tell you to wait and then see him again in 2 weeks or to do the treatment now and then see him in 2 weeks. Of course I'm no doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.