Menieres and Migraine

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have migraines for years, usually related to menstral cycle. Does anyone take Migraine medication (preventative)?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. I too have had migraines for many years and have recently been diagnosed with menieres - fun fun.

?I take propranalol 120 mg daily for prevention and maxalt for full blown. I mostly prevent with diet though - no dairy, no gluten, no msg, no sulphites. I usually avoid anything prepared unless I can verify that there is no msg.

?Hope this helps. 

• Posted

Thanks - I follow a vegan diet, no alcohol, smoking, not much processed foods/takeaways. I hope they find a cure for this horrible disease in my lifetime. It's robbed me of so much.

• Posted

Here, here.  I had a hysterectomy thinking it would end the migraine nightmare. It did not but what it did do is help me focus elsewhere. I found the that a lot of of foods (even vegan) had the offending ingredients with obscure names. A great book to read is Heal Your Headache by David Bucholtz.  It helped a lot.  I am not cured but compared to daily migraines of the past, my quality of life has improved greatly. The menieres on the other hand is posing and entirely new challenge.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.