Was a heavy drinker, now I vomit after two sips.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been drinking alcohol for the past three years now. On the first two years, I wasn't a regular drinker, I'd only drink once every few weeks socially. Then on the third year I started drinking heavily, going out twice or thrice a week and drinking strong liquor. I can hold my liquor pretty well, I'm usually the calmest one in the group even if I drink the most. I once took about 30 vodka shots in a single night and was drunk but didn't vomit even once. That sort of paints the picture, so now here comes the problem.

In the past few weeks, drinking became extremely difficult for me. The woman who could take up to 30 shots and still feel alright turned into someone who vomits after one sip. Today for instance we had a bottle of vodka, and when I took a sip of it I immediately felt sick in my stomach and when to the bathroom to puke it out. I had drank the exact same vodka so many times before and nothing like this ever happened. Now this happens to me every time I drink. I dont want to stop drinking, so I've tried everything: eating bananas, having a fuller meal, drinking water, etc... nothing worked. What's happening to my body and what should I do to make it better?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Don't drink!

It sounds like your body is telling you that it doesn't want any alcohol. With the amount of alcohol you're consuming the stomach can't tolerate it.

Why don't you want to stop drinking? The fact you've asked this question on this forum suggests you're thinking you've got a problem.

If you were sick each time you ate a certain food would you go to such lengths to try and eat it again and again knowing that you're going to be sick?

Make an appointment to see your dr and tell him/her what you've said here.

How do you feel without alcohol? Why not leave alcohol alone and see how you get on. You seem to think that 30 vodka shots and you're not drunk is good.

Sorry if my reply is a bit blunt, I've replied in the same way as your post

• Posted

On the other hand, if you were to post again saying you're sick every time you have any alcohol, but you don't want to stop because you're frightened of withdrawals and can't stop, my reply would be different

I don't understand why you've said about eating bananas

• Posted

In my first reply I suggested going without alcohol for a few days.

If you start to get withdrawal symptoms, don't just stop completely. Going cold turkey after the amount you're drinking is dangerous and you should seek medical assistance asap

• Posted

Hello Aya, All said in ther other replies. Stop drinking gradually since 30 shots a night is more than I could ever handle and I am 6foot3inches and very heavy and absorb drinking fairly well. do re consider your life style and where this is leading you....Robin
  • Posted

I don't know the answer expect your body is cleverly telling you that it is a poison to your body.

Many of us desperate to stop drinking would see this as a welcome sign to help us stop this overdrinking. 

Hope you use this experience to taper your drinking as you were obviously drinking to excess. May be as your body adjusts it will allow you to drink more sensibly. 

Wishing you all the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.