Circumcision Process

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am having my priced this week and have been ploughing through the internet on what happens, how it's performed etc. A couple of points have alarmed me and wanted to see if anyone had a view or whether I ve just read some nonsense.

One point was that a condom is sometimes put on the penis to help keep everything right and intact and the other was that erection s can occur whilst undergoing the circumcision. Is this just nonsense?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes this is complete rubbish whoever said it is defo not curcumsized.
  • Posted

It's fairly common for babies to have erections when they're circumcised, and some operators will stimulate that as it makes it easier to perform and also to judge how much tissue to remove, but I don't think that would apply to adults.  I don't see how a condom could help either.

Why are you being circumcised?  I'm guessing it's a typo, but what do you mean by "having my priced" ?

• Posted

Hi, I have a tight foreskin and it's begun to fuse to the glans. It will get worse through time so it's better for me to get it done now. Sorry there was a typo in my first post...And should have said procedure.

• Posted

If you have an easily retractible foreskin, then there shouldn't be problems with adhesions.  Most men with phimosis can fix it with stretching or steroid creams.  That said, sometimes surgery (preputioplasty or circumcision) is the best, or only option.  If you haven't tried other methods first, I'd seek a second opinion about whether surgery is your best option though.

If it is, then personally, I'd prefer as little tissue to be removed as possible, and I'd certainly want to keep my frenulum.

These links may help:

https://www.15square.org.uk/

https://patient.info/health/circumcision-leaflet

https://patient.info/doctor/phimosis-and-paraphimosis

Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks for that. Am increasingly thinking I won't go through with it as now I see a lot of guys have other issues and my condition seems manageable

• Posted

Personally, I'd try to avoid circumcision if at all possible, but sometimes it really is the best option.  Opinions on it are very polarised.  You can find men circumcised as adults who literally think it was the best thing that ever happened to them and are eager to recruit others to the club, but you can also find other men circumcised as adults who literally think it was the worst thing that ever happened to them, and will try to talk others out of it.

Unless you're having real problems that can't be fixed any other way, then I'd avoid surgery if I were you.  I'd certainly try stretching or steroid creams first.  If a doctor suggests circumcision as the only option, then I'd look for a second opinion.

• Posted

In the end my circumstances was postponed..And then on the day of the procedure ( 2 days ago) I lost it - in terms of stress and fear. I think the message I ve picked up from dozens of threads is only do it if necessary, that the aftermath isn't plain sailing and that once it's done your never the same. I m reschedule d for next week...The only thing putting me off now is the reality that sex or masturbation won't be the same.

• Posted

I too would recommend avoiding circumcision if at all possible . The foreskin is needed to protect the glands and by removing it could cause you to  lose some of your  sensitivity . As you stated in your above posting you have a fear that sex and or masturbation will not be the same ; with that  in mind you should definitely seek a second opinion on fixing your foreskin issue . Daily stretching exercises with the use of steroid creams could solve your problem . I am uncircumcised and I feel that my foreskin has been very much apart of my good sex over 63 years . I can't say it loud enough - keep your foreskin and make it work.. My thoughts only.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.