Tramadol help

Posted , 4 users are following.

My story begins back in the 90's when I was a surgical tech for an oral surgeon. That was the first time I experienced vicodin and boy did I like it. I liked it so much I was taking it from the office plus I was calling in scrips under false names. It wasn't until I worked at a medical office where I got caught. Of course I got let go and charges were brought upon me by the state but nothing ever happened. After that I remained cleaned for about a year but then I started up again and this time I was going to a doctor that gave them out like candy...so the addict that I am decided I was going to start calling in scrips with his DEA number. I got away with it for a long time before anyone caught on. Sadly the doctor was investigated and shut down...I spent time in rehab and received probation for that crime. I was taking at least 45 to 60 norcos a day before all of that came to an end. I came out of rehab clean and ready to start my life. I got a job and eventually got married and had a baby while all remaining sober until one day my butt decided to take my husbands pain meds he got from surgery..I had just about 8 years clean..he was given norco and tramadol...l never thought about taking the tramadol until one day he was out of norcos and I needed something and once again I was hooked just like that. You know the funny thing is that I used to get so many tramadol scrips from doctors because they didn't want to give me anything strong. I was always told that tramadols were non narcotic so I would throw them away...(boy I was wrong). My story gets better!!! Lets jump ahead a bit...I continued to take meds from my hubby, I would replace them with OTC drugs and he never knew the difference...My tolerance was so high that I started getting tramadols from taking my dog to a whole bunch of different vets. The addict thinking I have got me tramadol for about a year. During that time I got myself upto 30-40 pills a day ( pretty disgusting huh!). During that year I started having seizures...I got into a car accident while driving and having a seizure. I went through a intersection and smashed into someone's house. Luckily no one was injured...that still was not enough for me to quit. I continued with the hole vet thing for a while and finally got caught. So as of right know I have 8 charges against me from the state. They never arrested me or anything I have been cooperating from the very first phone call from the detective. I still haven't stopped taking tramadols. I'm once again doctor shopping. So my family has no idea any of this is going on...I have only told a couple of my friends. I want to stop so bad but it is so over powering. What do I do? I have a trial coming in March....

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey liz.. i think you no what u have to do. These drugs are terrible and control your life. As the saying goes, drugs take you to hell disguised as heaven! I was also addicted to this drug. Agressive and angry to my wife and kids. Im a cab driver and had a seizures with some1 in my car. They are terrible and u wont be able to do anything until your clean. Your 1st big step is telling your husband. He will hit the roof and go mad maybe. But trust me u will feel like alot of pressure is off you. Then your family and then cops. U need to be 100% honest. And you have to be honest with youself. You have a problem. Your addicted to strong tablets. Which control you brain raptors and the dicsions you make. Do u want to keep taking these and something happens to you kid while driving? Your husband? Yourself? You need to go to the doctors and come clean and get help. You need weened off them. And then took off them. For good this time. Liz anytime u want to talk. Message me im always here. Coming clean and doing whats right is best advice i can give u. It will be hard. But its the right way.
  • Posted

Wow Liz, yours is quite a story. I have no idea what vicodin or norcos are, but I guess they are strong narcotics. You've been round the block and some! It sounds like you're still a young woman so you have a chance to have a drug free life again. Crikey you gave up for 8 years!

It's in your hands, but if court cases and being filed a criminal hasn't stopped you then I honestly don't know what will. You have a husband and child, could you maybe start thinking about them? As you've already had a seizure or seizures your body won't stay at the high tolerance level it's been at for years. Your body will eventually shut down. I'm deliberately trying to scare you Liz, but this IS serious now. You maybe one of those people that have an addictive nature, do you smoke, or did you used to smoke? You need help badly lovely lady, but only you can seek it. I'm so sorry for you, but it's not sympathy you need. Please seek the help you so desperately need.

• Posted

LIZ , i am glad you found this forum to seek relief or get an answer to your problem .      My Dr. prescribed tramadol in place of the ocy codone i was taking because the law was harrassing these Drs. to not give scripts of Percodan out and substitute them instead . After checking the side effects of the tramadol and reading the physical addictions patients in England  were suffering i told my Dr. no way . Since my orthopeadic Dr. was giving me shots for my backs chronic pain he continued my dosage of oxy codone . I have been taking them for 4 years 2 to 2and one halv pills a day 7.5 mg. 325 . what keeps me from getting addicted is the fact that if I start abusing them my pain wont go away the idea of that pain on a 24 / 7 basis is enough to keep me in check . 

My boy is an addict and always will be one he has been in jail for the better part of 3 years and will be in the state penn now for another 2 to 4 years thats with good behavior . He robbed people stole cars and did what junkies do . that is why he has to do so much time plus he used a PD. to represent him . If you are well to do youll most likely get out depending what state you are in. My boy was doing it all . He has been going to class in the county jail to help with the drug problem and he is around others who are trying to get their lives together . In the state facility he will be in the same type of program (i hope ).

I know you are scared but if I could give you words of encouragement . There are lots of people out there with your problem Ive talked to cops , Drs. and other professional people who s live has been affected by members drug abuse . I agree with the other reply talk to your husband its going to hurt and you are going to have to accept how he reacts if he reacts its because its hurting him . The old days it was an embarassment to be hooked on drugs there was a stigma attached to the abuse once you come clean with people they may hide the jewels but they will support you if you want help . Remember you have a bunch of people out there that love you and care about you still you will have to pull your own weight . I hope all goes well withyour family . My prayers go out to you . Steel yourself because it may get a little rough but you and the state can make it better . If you stopped for eight years you can do it again . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.