Really bad weekend ended up in hospital with my fibro

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been suffering with my back for 3days then on Saturday things got even worse the hole of my back and spine went in to a full blown spazam iv never experienced pain with my Fibro in my back before anyway this pain stopped my legs from working I struggled to breath an ended up with a ambulance being called after a number of test doctor said that my Fibro has now gone in to my back an is effecting the muscles around my spine an that they was all so tight an tensed so been given more. meds so I have been left totally drained an withdrawn so been resting none stop was really scary

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Poor you sweetie! That would be a very scary ordeal. Glad that you did call an ambulance. We can't hesitate when we have acute symptoms like that! Are you taking magnesium and calcium supplements Sara? Turmeric also helps with the inflammation we suffer with. This chronic condition can be a real challenge over time. I hope you are feeling better soon my dear. Watch your stress and worry sweetie. Try to relax your mind and body. Listening to relaxing music really helps in that area. Sending you warm hugs! Maggie xx

• Posted

Many thanks for your reply I am on some medication which seems to be helping the ordeal has left me very fatigue drained so I've been resting a lot iv never experienced my fibro that bad it's normally in my legs neck an arms

• Posted

I've suffered something like this, too, about three weeks ago.  I went to the ER twice under dr's advice, and after tests was told it was soft tissue pain around my back.  It has been hurting me ever since!  So hard to get up from bed or even sitting.  And it is hanging on, improving only slightly so far.  I also have fibromyalgia, about 30 years of it, plus polymyalgia rheumatica.  I feel your pain.  I hope you can improve soon.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply it's not fair is it that we have all these problems really wish there was a cure for it iv been given pain relief but it's not really helped so they r giving me new meds today for a week so fingers crossed but trouble is every where else seems to be joining in now and it's getting to much I hope u r OK and that u get some relief fingers crossed x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.