Diagnosed with ulcerative colitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my examination done back in August 2016, and was diagnosed with UC a week ago (unsure to why my results took so long!) I called the GP today to discuss having an allergy test, as after reading alot online I think it might be the best route to go down. Has anyone else done this?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

What UC treatment have you been offered?
    • Posted

Nothing. As when i went in, my bleeding had stopped. So he said he has no reason to refer me to anyone or prescribe me with anything. Is this bad?
    • Posted

U should be on treatment/medication regardless of bleedin or not, i would get 2nd opinion and ask why u havent been given any medication
    • Posted

When you say medication, do you mean steroids? As Id rather stay away from them if I can. I have an app for next week to see a dietician, as I want to know what foods are starting my flare ups x
    • Posted

No not steriods mesasaline tablets/foams? All diets r different make sure u write down every day what u eat and then u can see what foods flare u up and what dont, everyone is different what is good for one doesnt normally mean good for the other
    • Posted

I strongly suggest a second opinion!
    • Posted

Ok, so do I just ask my GP for a second opinion? And also see a dietician
    • Posted

Yes i would and i would also ask the consultant why u aint on any medication aswell, yes see the dietician as they will give you a guide on what to eat and what not to eat then just keep a food diary aswell which is also handy, good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.