Terrified. can't eat, sleep, or stay off of google.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been having abdominal discomfort off and on for a couple of years. Two years ago I went and had a liver function test and it was perfect and I just went about my business. I must add, I have anxiety and always think something is wrong as soon as I feel a pain. The doctor said it was anxiety.

I decided to go again and all my blood, urine was perfect. The h. pylori test was negative. Xray showed stool in colon. Took miralax for a week and the Xray was better but it was still there along with gas.

He gave me opramazole and it caused burning. Now I'm on carafate and I haven't felt the discomfort as much.

And it's not a pain. It's just a dull feeling that lasts seconds to minutes and goes away. I'm seeing a gi doctor Friday and am so scared it's something really bad! Especially since it's gone on so long.

I have Google everything and it scares me more and more to where I start thinking I have stomach or throat cancer, Pancreas cancer to a heart attack. All of this stuff runs through my mind and I can't quit. It's affecting my life, my job, and my family.

Anyone have anything familiar?

I also have to clear my throat a lot after eating or even drinking water. But that may be totally unrelated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Also I'm 32 years old. Have always been in good health.

• Posted

It really is easy to worry-once you start it seems to just take ahold of you and the mind goes in so many different directions,this in turn makes any symptoms feel worse.

Google will always bring up Cancer eventually.

I have had ongoing stomach problems for 2 months now(even longer really but since Xmas they have been pretty much a constant)

I have had various tests done and still waiting to have others.

I was literally convinced a one point I had stomach Cancer-had a endoscopy which came back clear.

Try not to google and keep calm.

If you are worried keep going back to the Docs and push for more tests/reasurrance -this is what I did.

• Posted

Thank you. I'm going tomorrow to a gi just for a consult. I'm hoping they can tell me something and I pray they make me feel better. It's like as soon as I hear, "you're fine" I'll feel better... for a while anyway.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.