Removal of my gallblader yesterday

Posted , 8 users are following.

I call but I was removed yesterday the pain is horrible I have four holes in my stomach and to really hurt I plan on going back to work on Saturday I'm hairdresser is this too early today is wed

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I wasn't able to go back to work for an entire week and I'm a hairdresser. It was still tough. Bending over, to wash in the bowls was hard for me. You'll be tired for the first week. Good luck.

• Posted

I had no idea it would be this bad. It's only day 2 but I can hardly move.

• Posted

Hi!

Hope everything went well for you... I think Saturday is too early personally, they say 1-2 weeks before returning to work. I had mine out on Monday and I still feel butchered personally! The more you let yourself rest the less problems you'll have in the future as well-try and give yourself more time.

Take care,

Anna

• Posted

Thanks. I will listen to u. I'm so sore and I can't even imaging that I will be strong enough. It's day 2 and I can't hardly walk. My tummy feels like I did 1 million sit ups and like I have 4 knives in it.

• Posted

Hi

You are meant to be signed off for 2 weeks post operation recovery, it's a lot you have had done.

• Posted

Remember that you've had major surgery!  The outside stitches will heal in 5-6 weeks, but inside it can take up to 6 months for those stitches to heal. Not to mention your gastric system will need to sort itself because you no longer have a gallbladder.    

Please do yourself a favor, and allow your body time to heal.  

• Posted

I guess I though it was minor surgery , I am so sore I can't move

• Posted

I can understand that.  In many years past, they removed the gallbladder with a medium to largish incision and you were in the hospital for a week or more!

Just because they've made the procedure easier, doesn't mean that it's not major.  Part of this is because the gas they pump into you can make you feel as if you've been hit by a truck!  

Take it easy--and let yourself heal!  Best of luck, and do let me know how you get on!

• Posted

Hi, Personally I would take at least a week off, I know most hairdressers are self employed but as your job is pretty physical so I would definately take a week off and then perhaps part time after that for a week. As everyone has said it takes time to heal on the inside even when everything looks good on the outside. I know its your decision but you don't want to overdo it so please be careful.

• Posted

If you check with your Doctor , i dont think your covered by insurance if you go back to work before the  allocated time for post surgery.

When i came home from hosp with sick note for two weeks. And my employers wouldnt let me go back until the two weeks were up.

If you work for yourself it may be a different matter xx

Hope you feel stronger everyday. be gentle with your self xx You have had surgery albeit by key hole.. They have still been poking around inside . And you have had anesthetic .

Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.