Been put on diasepram

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone else had this for there fibro flare ups

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, I haven't come across anyone being given that for fibro but then I'm newly diagnosed. I was given diazepam two years ago when I was going through a bad patch in my life to help calm me down. I think it helps with muscle spasms too...maybe that is why you have been given it?

Have you been given it for short term use only? As my GP was at pains to point out that it's highly addictive and shouldn't be taken for more than 3 weeks at a time.

• Posted

His yes only on it for a week due to having a bad episode at weekend witch resulted in a ambulance being called as I couldn't even walk due to a huge spasm in my back and spine and the co-codamol wasn't working so they have now given me these

• Posted

Yes was given a weeks doesage feeling much better now it's settled down

• Posted

That's great. I was at the pain clinic this week and one of the things I have to try and do is relax!! Maybe the diazepam also slowed you down enough to feel more relaxed? Anyway, glad you are feeling better. xx

• Posted

I was given diazepam due to cramps and sprains on all my nerves mainly head, hands and shoulders, the spasms are ridiculous, I took 2, and I can honestly say they gave some kind psychotic break, I had imaginary friends, I was calling my family and nothing made sense, thankfully ,there are so many people fforgiving me as they realise iit was out of my control

thank god for family and friends, and obviously all you wonderful people here

• Posted

No, not for fibro,but what interests me is what is the usual pain relief fellow sufferers are on, I weaned myself off morphine and now take diahydrocodeine, 8 a day, doctor not too happy with this, but pain management group insist it's better to take your men's regular and don't wait for a flare up. It's starting to annoy me, as I feel if I need them then there shouldn't be an issue, I feel as if I could be on different and stronger medication so don't feel this is such a big deal, however starting to get me down, as would expect doctors support on this. Anyone else faced this issue?😙

• Posted

I'm on gapapenting 600mg that's all I have for my fibro until I started these meds today for a week

• Posted

Hi , I'm luck that I have a good gp , but you are right regular med means less flare ups , if I do have a flare up I have oxycodon to help top up the pain relief, I used to take oramorph but consultant convinced me to try oxycodon as it a cleaner drug and shouldn't affect my breathing although I didn't think it did but agreed to try it, 

it really makes a difference if you doctor is supportive they should know that you have to keep on top of the pain as once you have a flare up it harder to get it back under control, sorry that you are having problems with your doctor,that's the last thing you need,

i hope you get things sorted 

• Posted

Thanks Lorraine, I did have a great doctor until June last year when he retired, he had been my doctor for over 30 years so had built up that trust bond, the new doctors are trying to find their feet I suppose, however I hate having to go to doctors and feel like I'm being patronised and that I'm in with my begging bowl. Then you go into chemist and there are a good few methodone users waiting for their, no questions asked fix, I know they have problems as well, mine is not self inflicted and I resent that a bit. I'm going to make an appointment and speak frankly to my new doctor, that's why I'm also gathering a bit of information from here, so that I can show him.

• Posted

Hi , sarapainfree, I am on diazepam for fibromyalgia to help relax my mussels as I was given amatriptaline but they didn't agree with me, I have had fibro for about 16 years , I take a combination of medications but what works for one doesn't always work for others , in the beginning it a lot of trial and error, a lot of people start on amatriptaline or gabapentin,

i hope your flare up isn't to bad , wishing you a pain free night, 

loraine

• Posted

Dizapam is Valium..I have taken 5 mg strength ( very low dose) for muscle spasms it works very well...trouble is it relaxes my brain too..grr..but it is a very addictive med..I take maybe a box of 50 a year, at the most...meaning only when my muscles are really bad..I am always aware that they could be easily addictive..be blessed sarapainfree have a lovely day...😘🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.