Pancreatitis and air bubbles / digestion problems

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi guys. Since my attack last August i have very bad digestion issues and what seems to be gas bubbles popping everywhere in my intestines and sometimes high up under my ribs. I feel it in my back too. And the air gets stuck in my left side. What is this? I am on creon. It doesnt help at all. It's terriblyour uncomfortable and worrying. Also my pain never left me since this one attack.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Candice I had a couple of attacks but my worst one was early January after a scope. I was admitted for 9 days then discharged for 12 days then ended up back in for another 9 days. I am still in a terrible way with pain high in abdomen and in back. I have terrible gas, diarrhoea, nausea and pain. They keep telling me there isn't a magic wand for this disease and symptoms. That doesn't help me.

• Posted

Its so so aweful, I have no idea what to do. Im loosing my job due to the pain. THe thing is I only had one attack. I cannot even begin to thing what more than one does. ARe you ok? Can the Drs not remove this horrid organ for us.
  • Posted

did you ever find out about the gas bubbles.  I had something similar on my left side under the ribs as well
    • Posted

Welll you see my dr says its malabsorbtion but Creon is not helping me been on it for 4 months now.
  • Posted

Hi Candice, sorry to hear you're still having these issues especially the digestive problems.  I assume you are on a low fat diet now?  Together with Creon your digestive issues should reduce.  I also take Pantoprozole which has helped a lot, it's a PPI.

I also experience the wind bubbles frequently, in my back mostly but under my ribs too which is pretty painful.  I've not asked about it thinking it's part and parcel of the disease but it would be great to really know what is causing it.  Anyone have an answer?

• Posted

Im so sorry to hear that you are dealing with this too. Im relived to hear that others have this. I asked on Fb and not mny people said they have this too. Mine is speciifc in that I never ever felt this before pancreatitis. I can feel the bubble moving inside my intestine and they often get 'stuck in the corners of my intestine and that is very painful. I am going to be bruatllay honest as to why I am asking. My pancreas is clearly not working properly meaning food does not get digested correctly and its posioning our systems, is anyone else worried about the long term results of consistently under digeting food and poisonous gases it releases backinto the bloodstream?

• Posted

Candice my malabsorption issues can be quite bad, I race to the toilet 8 to 12 minutes after eating (during a flare) so the food doesn't hang around long enough in my system to poison me, the problem is the nutrient deficiencies which have to be addressed.  I had pretty severe malnutrition even though I thought I was eating well balanced albeit small meals.  Malabsorption issue have to be addressed as other health problems can arise.  

Gas is terrible, the pain excruciating.  There's a product, over the counter, that might help, Mylicon-80, the generic name is simethicone

and it can break up the gas bubbles.  Worth a try.

• Posted

Hi Candice, I'm sorry you are also going through this. I also experience the same thing but for me the gas is in my upper left abdomen. It's so uncomfortable that I can barely sleep. It feels as tho the gas was trapped in my chest cavity around the stomach area. Very weird feeling and hard to describe. Maby I'll try the simethicone like reefsider suggested. My doc hasn't given me any clue as to why I have this so far. I wish I knew how to get rid of it. Best of luck to all of you

• Posted

Hi candice124. I have also got these air bubbles popping everywhere in my stomach since starting on creon a couple of wks ago. I don't know what they are or whats causing them but i do know that they are very uncomfortable. I'm going to ask my consultant in the morning about this when he comes round on his ward round.

• Posted

Nadine. Please let me know what they say. How many attacks have you had? The bubbles over time become painful. It feels like worms moving around sometimes. I think it's a bacteria overgrowth due to the enzymes not working and breaking food down.

• Posted

Hey Nadine. Did your symptoms ever improve. Mine are so bad I cannot eat at all.
  • Posted

Hi Everyone, i have had reoccuring pancreantitis for over 30years and these bubbles have been a problem all the way to present - i found the remedy but not very easy sometimes.

For the bubbles, i fast - only water for 3 days at a time - then i eat soup with some solids in it - must be easily digestible.  Exercise with walks, also stand on your head and roll around on the ground slowly to see if it provides some relief - i know that sounds crazy but it works.  Also eat organic, non-gmo foods only, no sugar wheat or pasteurized dairy and especially no processed fats and oils - eat as much veggies and fruits as you want but only when not inflamed, otherwise a nice tea made from valerian root, dandilion root, golden seal, lemon and honey - that tea while fasting clears up an attack within days.

• Posted

candice124 I know this was posted by you a long time ago, 20 months ago! But have you by any chance got a doctor to have a look into your symptoms? Did you get pain in your sternum at all? If it's a severe pain to the point your admitted to the hospital, then I strongly urge you to bring up the possibility of it being your Gallbladder, it may need to be removed. I am in the process right now of getting mine removed. It can be pretty serious when you leave it too long, if anyone has dark urine or pain passing urine, light coloured stool or strange looking at all... These are signs of Gallbladder stones...

It causes pain first in the sternum, the pain is like sharp stabbing all in and under the ribs, which the pain then goes to the back! It's extremely uncomfortable. Very painful. It's as simple as a keyhole surgery. In the meantime to those who are struggling, avoid fatty foods! only eat roughage, so salads and vegetables. No meat because of fat content. Cut out dairy and even poultry for now. For some people you can have muesli and wheat.

Just limit your intake of those foods and the pain will subside. I am going to try a natural alternative to reduce the size of the GallBladder stones by having Milk Thistle ( You can get tablets at a pharmacy) ! Please anyone who is in such pain like this don't ignore it, get to the hospital. It can turn serious.

• Posted

hey there candice124! i guess i just wanted to get an update on your situation because throughout my search, your situation sounds the most simliar to mines. i need hope. Im in pain everday! Finding out if your better will give me the inspiration i need to go forward because i doubt i can continue going on living this way!

• Posted

Do you know any more about bubbles in stomach? How to sleep with this? I haven't been able to. The only thing that helped somewhat is 2 capsules of activated charcoal. Have any of you tried them for gas? Can they be taken on regular basis?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.