premique 0.625/5mg unavailable

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have not been able to obtain the reminder of my prescription for low dose premique and due to run out shortly.  Does anybody have an update as to when/if they will become available - and what is the best alternative?

thanks

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Still able to get Premique low dose here in Bristol area, maybe worth trying different pharmacy or area. Hope this helps...
  • Posted

Premique low dose became  available again in the Manchester area last month.The problem is that a lot of the Chemist's and Doctor's don't know this. Ask the Chemist to double check with the suppliers, mine did and then i was able to put my prescription in.

• Posted

Thanks Sandy. Boots did tell me this week that they had the low dose 0.3 in stock but not the dose I have been using. Will try them again ...I've got two months supply left so really hoping they become available

• Posted

If it's the 0.625 Premique then you may be out of luck as Pfizer is only still making the 0.3 low dose version. I'm gutted as I was on 0.625 & it really helped, really struggling now to find something similar, sorry...

• Posted

It is the 0.625 I'm currently taking. Same as you ... Gutted! Have been doing some research on the Internet and these forums before going to the GP for an alternative but seems to be bit of a minefield

• Posted

Spoke to Pfizer yesterday who said it was a commercial decision to stop manufacturing 0.625 mg Premique. Further explaination would be more helpful. 

However I we not able to do some thing to overturn this decision as many many ladies are affected by this. Do Pfizer realise what affect it has on our lives?

• Posted

Do you think it would be worth us all writing to them individually or starting a petition? This is making my days miserable!
  • Posted

Tried Evolve Conti patches & they are not worth the trouble, but am now on Indivina 1mg/5mg & will keep you posted if they work!  The pharmacist said they are the nearest dose to the Premique 0.625/5

• Posted

Thanks Sha54. Fingers crossed for you. Let me know how you get on. I'm seeing the doctor on13th march to discuss alternatives and I'm going armed with information!

• Posted

Can you let me know how you get on please, thanks. 
    • Posted

The Indivina 1mg/5mg is not as good as the Premique but it is the best match so far, as in I'm still getting symptoms but they are not as bad....

• Posted

The Indivina is ok, it is not as good as the Premique but it is the best match so far.  I'm going to stick with it for another week to see..........

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.