Fatigue & RA

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, I've been away for quite some time, as I dealt with both of my parents being sick, and then lost them both, within 6 weeks of each other last summer. It's been awful. I was flaring up constantly the few months after their passing, and now I am dealing with major fatigue. I'm sure some of it is depression, but I also know that my RA causes fatigue. I know RA meds can't really deal with the fatigue part, but does anyone have any luck with natural supplements? I take B12, among a ton of other supplements, but I'm just wiped out day in and day out. I'm not working and I feel like I am getting over a flu on a 24/7 basis. sad Any help would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You have just been thru a great deal over the last year.  I am sorry for your loss

Stress and depression can certainly bring on increased symptoms that you are dealing with.   Other than good diet, keep hydrated, rest when you can and try and get a little exercise in each day I don't have any other ideas.   Sounds too simplistic I know.   I did ask GP for a medication for depression which has helped.   I went thru 2 yrs of extreme fatigue but it is not nearly as bad now.  I really can't say why  that changed.  Just wanted to  say hope it gets better for you and my thoughts and prayers are wtih you .  I hope someone else has a good suggestion to offer 

• Posted

Aww bless you.Made me think of my own late dear Mum.All my health problems started soon after I lost her. It is such a great loss in your life and is the time your immune system will be so low.

I agree with all 3Gloria814 has said.To ask your doctor for depression tablets could help you alot.My daughter had all symptoms of Fibromyalgia and doctor gave her some tablet for depression but said it would switch off certain chemical in her brain dealing with the pain.It did too.

You need to give time for yourself love.

• Posted

Aww bless you.Made me think of my own late dear Mum.All my health problems started soon after I lost her. It is such a great loss in your life and is the time your immune system will be so low.

I agree with all 3Gloria814 has said.To ask your doctor for depression tablets could help you alot.My daughter had all symptoms of Fibromyalgia and doctor gave her some tablet for depression but said it would switch off certain chemical in her brain dealing with the pain.It did too.

You need to give time for yourself love.Bug hugs

• Posted

I'm so sorry to read you lost your parents and both so close in time. I'm sure this will have made how you feel in general worse. It's not surprising that you feel so fatigued. Grief, aside from RA will be contributing more that you might think. 

Im with Gloria on this and think the more you can allow yourself time, accept the rotten days but know that in time, better memories will surface, and, importantly, don't expect too much of yourself, I feel sure the fatigue will start to improve. Sending you lots of kind and positive thoughts.

• Posted

So sorry to hear of your loss. I cannot add anymore to others advice but feel sure the grief and depression are linked and I know that for me if I am having a stressful time - in my case I have a son with mental health problems which brings it's own ongoing stress - thr RA is worse. I try to be kind to myself, take extra tablets if needed and have a couple of quiet days. Don't try to carry on as 'normal' you are not Superman/woman so you can only do the best you can. I wish you well and send warm thoughts and good wishes that things will get better for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.