crps pain releif

Posted , 6 users are following.

my daughter has been diagnosed with crps and is in extreme pain,IT started in her foot which is now purple,swollen,and she has no feeling in it. IT is now in her knee she is on all the usual .medication but to no avail she has been in hospital for the last 5 week .DOES ANYBODY OF ANY CREAMS THAT MAY HELP EASE THE PAIN.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tony. Sorry to hear about your daughter. My daughter also developed CRPS in her foot 11 MHS ago. Nothing has helped. She tried ketamine lotion and even ketamine infusion with no results. Today we are trialling an infused oil from Bali. I'm at the stage where I'll try anything to help her and hopefully avoid spinal nerve stimulator. We are in Australia. Will let you know how it goes. Michelle

• Posted

Hi Tony, I'd love to say yes.  I have it in my left foot which has now made it up the whole leg and is now moving to the right.  I've built up a bit of tolerance but some days nothing helps and the more you use one thing the less effective it becomes.  So now I try to mix it up.  I use schedule 8 pharmacuticals for pain management but this only lets me get by each day.  The tens machine works as long as I use it sparingly. 1-2 twice a week along with Lignocaine patches.  Fortunately I have some spots worse than others and these work in reducing the pain in these specific areas.  But if I use them for more than 2 days in a row they start to lose effectiveness.   Believe it or not standing in a hot shower with the water running over my leg can sometimes be just as good as any of the other options. 

Prevention is also easier than using those options above.  Pacing is an incredibly difficult thing to achieve.  I find that if I overdoit I'll pay for it later.  For instance standing, sitting and even lying down for long periods of time can cause massive flare ups which can take hours to days to settle down.  It sounds counter intuitive but if I walk slower, take breaks often and not rely on a schedule will reduce the chance of a flare up.  For instance don't attempt to get anywhere by 8am unless you really must or unless its a short walk.  But the biggest challenge I face is picking the good days from the bad, and for me it can be a simple as a change in weather.

Lastly, I don't mean to scare you Tony but her mental health is very important.  Living in constant pain is mentally very very draining.  I won't lie to you, I've considered ending it perminately. I have 3 young children and its a constant reminder that they need me no matter my disability, but some days that isn't enough.  Please accept no matter how much you want her paid to stop, it may not.  Your being there for her and reminding her of her value in your life and that of your family will do more than any cream.  If you come across something that helps please let us know.

• Posted

Hi Tony I feel for your daughter and for you you must feel useless and she will be beside herself, I've lived with this for the past 24 years and have a few small tips that will make a difference.. anyone who lives with long term pain will tell you that distraction is the key so with that in mind, she needs headphones in her ears either music or better still agood book then whiles listening to book an inainly stupid computer game one of those that are addictive this will keep her brain and hands occupied, even though it's the last thing she will feel like doing I promise it will make a difference, then a few good relaxation techniques to loosen those tensed muscles..

her brain will be very busy and her hands to and it all helps take the mind off the pain promise.. Good Luck

• Posted

Hi Tony, I have it in my right hand nothing else has worked lost the use of my hand but your daughter should try bowen therapy. I got told I'd never get the use of my hand back bowen for 1 and a half months after a year and 4 months of no feeling no movement but constant pain in my wrist I'm in near to nothing on pain and finally got some movement back..it might not work for everyone but myself I'm 19 trapped my wrist in a slamming door but give Bowen ago for your daughter, it's literally the best thing I've done wish I'd known about it sooner.

Best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.