Kidney pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I've got extreme kidney pain and urine sample shows traces of blood and protein, I had a Uti last year but nothing since and now the pain etc has started again, does this sound like another uti or a kidney infection? No pain when urinating but I am urinating approx every 10 mins. Don't know what to do, waiting for dr to get sample rails back from hospital to see if infection or not.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My sympathy is with you. For the past 8 years, I've experienced gross hematuria on and off. This past year, the blood in my urine increased and didn't subside. First, I went to a nephrologist. Because my kidney function test was fine, he told me to see a urologist. When the urologist saw how bloody my urine was, he sent me for a CT Scan. Low and behold, I've got right kidney and ureter cancer. Luckily it is a low grade, slow growing variety. My point is to get a CT Scan. It is a very effective test to determine what's going on! My prayers are with you that you find a compassionate doctor that can understand your fears and will give you some resolution. God Bless, Terri in Florida

• Posted

Hi there, i can sympathise with you, i've had flank pain and blood/protein in my urine for a couple of years now and i've had a CT scan and ultrasounds, blood tests, everything.. all came back normal, but this pain and blood still remain.. my doctors have said my kidneys look fine so that's the end of it sort of, but when i ask what the blood is then they have not really been able to give me an answer, which is not great really! They've ended up putting the pain i'm in down to muscular, which i know it isn't! So i've been trawling the internet for months and months, and just by chance i have come across a few people with a rare thing called LPHS that, i think, can only be diagnosed by a biopsy of the kidney.. not 100% on that but it seems that it won't show on scans so that's why they don't pick it up...

There's a link here for you to have a look at https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loin_pain_hematuria_syndrome

Maybe it's of some use? I am convinced this is what's happening with me, i will be going back to my doctor and asking for a referral to a nephrologist

Good luck and i hope you find the answer!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.